It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was jesus even necessary?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I have posed this question to a few people that consider themselves bible followers I know, and none seem to be able to give any answers, except the old fallbacks that aren't really answers at all. God works in mysterious ways etc. Figured I may as well see what people here think.

Why was the creation of the son of god, and his sacrifice even necessary? If god is the head honcho, and what he says goes, what is the point of all that? Theatrics?

To me it always seems like he was playing by someone's rules or something. Why not just snap his fingers and make it so, unless you don't have the power to do so? But someone with the power to create everything from nothing would have that power, no?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Someone will answer that humans cannot understand or comprehend "god" so he had to come down in human form so that we could better understand...

Well, if god created us and wanted us to understand, why didn't he create us with the ability in the first place, which either means it's all bunkum or god is flawed.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
To be used as a scapegoat or distraction. Seems pretty simple to me. Take a real wise man at the time. Surround him with a falsehood of lies and propaganda. Then make him the focus in order to keep the deception alive.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I sped read that and came to a conclusion...and please don't it maul any no who how.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Who cares who he was and where he came. What has been transmitted by this person, had only good sites.
Its about love and respect..we need more persons like this..Ghandi,Jesus..ect.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
He came to our planet to deliver a message, and since over 2,000 years later it's still going strong, I suspect he has succeeded

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Flawed....norse god fried.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It is my belief that Adam was created in the image and likeness of God. That he fully understood God and walked with Him. He chose to sin and was separated from the Perfection of a sinless God. Since there was now death and separation it became necessary to reconcile man to God. Thus the purpose for Jesus. God ,being perfect could not place Himself into an imperfect world. So Jesus came as a man to bring us back into a relationship with God.

This, is like I said, what I believe. It is my faith. I have no intention of pushing it on anyone so for me it is not open for debate. Just my two cents.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I have posed this question to a few people that consider themselves bible followers I know, and none seem to be able to give any answers, except the old fallbacks that aren't really answers at all. God works in mysterious ways etc. Figured I may as well see what people here think.

Why was the creation of the son of god, and his sacrifice even necessary? If god is the head honcho, and what he says goes, what is the point of all that? Theatrics?

To me it always seems like he was playing by someone's rules or something. Why not just snap his fingers and make it so, unless you don't have the power to do so? But someone with the power to create everything from nothing would have that power, no?

Once you realize that Jesus himself was just a MAN, one with a proven record of birth then you will begin to understand. The Bible has been rewritten so many times that it's hard to tell the difference between Fact and Fiction. Thankfully new "older" versions are being found, such as the now famous Dead Sea Scrolls.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Because only through his life, death, and resurrection could the Jews be freed from the perpetual covenant they made with God in the old testament. There was no way around it but by fulfillment of its demands.

Christ therefore embodied, met, and fulfilled the requirements of the original covenant, freeing the Jews to accept a new covenant with Christ as its author and finisher.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Why was the creation of the son of god, and his sacrifice even necessary?

You might want to ask the people who painted him into a picture that he didn't belong in.

If Jesus were alive today I seriously doubt that he would like how he's portrayed by the current Bible.

What I mean by that is he is made out to be the one who sacrificed his own life for the good of mankind, but then later on in Relevation it all comes to naught with Armegeddon. If it's all going to end in a fierce battle anyway, what was the point in his sin sacrifice?

There is a lot in the Bible that you can take out and make something good from, but you really have to wade through the nonsense to get to it.

Personally, I think the editors of the Bible were overpaid.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Because only through his life, death, and resurrection could the Jews be freed from the perpetual covenant they made with God in the old testament. There was no way around it but by fulfillment of its demands.

Christ therefore embodied, met, and fulfilled the requirements of the original covenant, freeing the Jews to accept a new covenant with Christ as its author and finisher.
If god made that covenant with them and wanted them back.. well... he created the covenant and the people, why didn't he just say "ho hum" and let them back anyway?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Jesus is just another remake of an older stroy which has been adopted by people handed down over time ... there are many stories similar to Jesus which are documented to have occured thousands of years before Jesus was said to exist.

Horus is just one example .....

Comparison of some additional life events of Horus and Jesus:

Event Horus Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus

Temptation: Taken from the desert of Amenta up a high mountain by his arch-rival Sut. Sut (a.k.a. Set) was a precursor for the Hebrew Satan. Taken from the desert in Palestine up a high mountain by his arch-rival Satan.

Result of temptation: Horus resists temptation. Jesus resists temptation.
Close followers: Twelve disciples. There is some doubt about this matter as well. Twelve disciples.

Activities: Walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. He "stilled the sea by his power." Walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. He ordered the sea with a "Peace, be still" command.

Raising of the dead: Horus raised Osirus, his dead father, from the grave. 1 Jesus raised Lazarus, his close friend, from the grave.

Location where the resurrection miracle occurred: Anu, an Egyptian city where the rites of the death, burial and resurrection of Horus were enacted annually. 1 Hebrews added their prefix for house ('beth") to "Anu" to produce "Beth-Anu" or the "House of Anu." Since "u" and "y" were interchangeable in antiquity, "Bethanu" became "Bethany," the location mentioned in John 11.

Linkage between the name of Osirus in Egyptian religion and Lazarus in the Gospel of John: Asar was an alternative name for Osirus, Horus' father. Horus raised Asar from the dead. He was referred to as "the Asar," as a sign of respect. Translated into Hebrew, Asr is "El-Asar." The Romans added the sufffix "us" to indicate a male

name, producing "Elasarus." Over time, the "E" was dropped and "s" became "z," producing "Lazarus." 1 Jesus is said to have raised his friend Lazarus from the dead.

Transfigured: On a mountain. On a high mountain.

Key address(es): Sermon on the Mount. Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5 to 7); Sermon on the Plain (Luke 6:17-49).

Method of death By crucifixion or by the sting of a scorpion; sources differ. 2 See note above. By crucifixion.
Accompanied by: Two thieves. Two thieves.
Burial In a tomb. In a tomb.

Fate after death: Descended into Hell; resurrected after three days. Descended into Hell; resurrected after about 30 to 38 hours (Friday PM to presumably some time in Sunday AM) covering parts of three days.
Resurrection announced by: Women. Women.

Future: To reign for 1,000 years in the Millennium. To reign for 1,000 years in the Millennium.

edit on 22-2-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add content

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Jesus was necessary because he was needed to unite the the world religions under one religion for more control. Before Jesus was invented many religions worshiped similar god men. Jesus is a compilation of all these previous god men. He is used to unite the people under one religion for an easily manageable mass of sheep.

And for those that say his message is what is important. His message is obvious. You don't need to hear it from a so called son of god to know whats right and whats wrong. You have to be complete idiot to not understand that you shouldn't kill people, cheat, steal, lie etc.

I mean seriously, do you think people would think its ok to rape or kill or steal if Jesus never told them not to?

I think his message actually is a terrible thing to believe in. People believe he is going to come back to save the world! This in turn causes people to not take matters into their own hands, which makes it easier for The Powers That Be to control the sheep.

Wake up people. Please! Jesus never existed and he is not coming back to save us! Time to take matters into our own hands.

Jesus = the SUN of god. research it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

Originally posted by Klassified

If god made that covenant with them and wanted them back.. well... he created the covenant and the people, why didn't he just say "ho hum" and let them back anyway?

Because he was bound by his own word under the covenant.

If you U2U members like micmerci, KJV1611, Noturtypical, or Lionhearte, they can go into depth on this. They are believers, I'm not.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

This world is infected with evil just like a computer is infected with viruses.
Sooner or later the computer gets cleaned a.k.a Armageddon.

YHWH put up with the evil viruses until 2000 years ago, then He sent in His son with a warning and message.
YHWH sends in His son to warn all of His people to have faith in Him.

Maybe YHWH 'saves' His good programs (Rapture) and then formats the hard drive removing all evil viruses that hate His people/programs.

Then after the (format) Judgement Day the clean programs (true Christians) can be reinstalled into the new world.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
HAHA! The biggest conspiracy of all time! The death of Jesus was an inside job!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

This world is infected with evil just like a computer is infected with viruses.
Sooner or later the computer gets cleaned a.k.a Armageddon.

YHWH put up with the evil viruses until 2000 years ago, then He sent in His son with a warning and message.
YHWH sends in His son to warn all of His people to have faith in Him.

Maybe YHWH 'saves' His good programs (Rapture) and then formats the hard drive removing all evil viruses that hate His people/programs.

Then after the (format) Judgement Day the clean programs (true Christians) can be reinstalled into the new world.

It sounds more like Malware trying to sell something to me lol

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by booyakasha

I think his message actually is a terrible thing to believe in. People believe he is going to come back to save the world! This in turn causes people to not take matters into their own hands, which makes it easier for The Powers That Be to control the sheep. Wake up people. Please! Jesus never existed and he is not coming back to save us! Time to take matters into our own hands.

So whats the plan kasha? If God doesnt exist as you seem to think how are we supposed to beat this collective of royals with an infinite amount of money and power? In a world where now speaking out about something you think seems strange or wrong gets you labeled as a terrorist. we could kill them but most people dont even know who any of them are(ask any random on the street who the rothchild family is)let alone where they live. But if thats to much theres also just saying **** it and not bothering to work for there blood money anymore but the masses are to brainwashed to buy things they dont need and for some dont even want.

Also these people of TPTB arent dumb there just not gonna let there couple thousand year grip on the world just slip out of there hands. Idk bro if God doesnt exist seems like were kinda doomed to be stuck in this system.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

I never said God doesn't exist. Jesus doesn't exist. I happen to believe that we are all part of God ourselves. You can call it God, I personally think its more of a universal consciousness that we are all little fragments of. We are God, every single one of us. Not only that but the chair your sitting on is part of God. Every thing you see is God, from the air you breath to the ground you walk on. I look at it like a dream. We fall asleep at night and dream. We create everything in our dream from our consciousness. Our dream is our creation basically. We are all part of Gods dream.

As for beating TPTB? Thats the 16 trillion dollar question. I think we have start by waking people up, making them conscious of what is actually happening. Exposing the fraud and corruption, if everyone knew about the fraud and corruption that is happening I don't think they would stand for it. As of right now its a small mass of people who realize that TPTB are controlling everything, from money, food, land, water, religion, and most of all the minds of everyone.

Somehow we've got to teach people to start questioning everything. Literally everything. Then there is the tipping point, when enough people know about corruption the rest will follow and sooner than later it will be common knowledge to everyone that the human race was enslaved for thousands of years.

I think this is what we are witnessing right now, a mass awakening of humanity. It is up to us to spread the word.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join