It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery celestial body passes in front of sun!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by jb1958

Apparently there are many who did not and some that still don't know that. What's your objection to how it was presented?

The objection that it was a totally misleading title that was only used to lure people to the thread. An extremely bad joke. Thought I was going to be reading an interesting article on some unknown body, which in space isn't unheard of, and instead found this ignorant POS. It's not funny. It's just stupid. The mods are idiots for not trashing the thread or atleast moving it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

The title ' Mystery celestial body....' , what is mysterious about it?
Nothing, unless someone thinks PlanetX/ Nibiru/Marduk should be eclipsing the Sun.
Which is exactly what this would make fun of. Therefore, the title is misleading,
condescending, and a poor joke.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
are you retarded....its says its the moon.
damn im never coming back here,it gets worse everyday

i guess if it says its the moon,

that must mean it is the moon.

absolutley without doubt , the moon.

after all, there is a picture.

the proof is the picture. right?

Not quite, the pictures supplied by spaceweather, aka the one seen on the home page, and the linked one, (171 Å image) are not the same, or more precisely, not the same moment. There are other similar archive pictures elsewhere though, so the general image is already known.

Uh oh, topic has been reassigned now the danger is over,

edit on 22-2-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thank you, Athin. Glad to see some members agree with me.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

The objection that it was a totally misleading title that was only used to lure people to the thread. An extremely bad joke. Thought I was going to be reading an interesting article on some unknown body, which in space isn't unheard of, and instead found this ignorant POS. It's not funny. It's just stupid. The mods are idiots for not trashing the thread or atleast moving it.

Yeah, there are certain people on here that you know if they bring up topics like this or chemtrails it's to make fun of the people they consider to be ignorant for believing in such "nonsense."

However, it clearly said in the article bit he posted "Lunar" If people don't know what lunar means and get all excited about Nibiru then it's their own darn fault. Unfortunately, it's people like that that bite this kind of bait that make intelligent people who believe in the possibility of Nibiru the subject of such unwarranted ridicule as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by Athin

Yeah, there are certain people on here that you know if they bring up topics like this or chemtrails it's to make fun of the people they consider to be ignorant for believing in such "nonsense."

However, it clearly said in the article bit he posted "Lunar" If people don't know what lunar means and get all excited about Nibiru then it's their own darn fault. Unfortunately, it's people like that that bite this kind of bait that make intelligent people who believe in the possibility of Nibiru the subject of such unwarranted ridicule as well.

First post was edited, so if? edit on 22/2/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-2-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well, the fun is over. Enough people reported it, so it's been moved to JPP.

Yep, trending downwards, 43.

Now 42.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

There's no excuse for someone who can read the OP to not realize this is the moon. Remember your signature.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by coyotepoet

There's no excuse for someone who can read the OP to not realize this is the moon. Remember your signature.

The first post was edited, no reason given. The edit box is useful, it would be better with a time stamp.
edit on 22-2-2012 by smurfy because: [email protected]

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

True. True. Like I said, if they didn't know lunar means moon its their own darn fault.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It's a shame so many who claim intelligence got so angry about what was an obvious joke and got it moved to the Jokes section.

For shame...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Come on Mods
You know you were watching this for a long time before you moved it. After all, "deny ignorance" is our motto, eh?

The thread made it's point very well. Far better than the threads it was mocking. You can smile, I won't tell.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I strongly protest the removal of this critically important thread to the dust bin!

We got Nibiru com'n in, deathstars flying around, who knows what.

This is serious $#!&

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I just read the first page of comments before heading off to bed, and I'm just shocked at with all the banter and conjecture, no one seemed to notice that this thread appears under jokes and puns...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

ribbit

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Fail

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Wow, came back and it went 8 pages strong with people still answering the Op that it is the moon

Moved out of the 2012 forum and nearly started a riot with the Nibiru crowd and the the rest fail to see the humor and wondering why so many S&F's.
Should have went to space forum. Picture is awesome.
edit on 2/23/2012 by mugger because: add

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join