It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the K stand for? P=Posts, F=Flags, S=Stars, W=Wats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

The kung fu is indeed strong inside of you grasshopper. But you must learn constantly. Clapping of the hands is distraction, much like the splash in the ponds of life.
Patience young grasshopper. All will be revealed in time...

edit on 19-2-2012 by webpirate because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
So what is a star, what is a flag, and what is a wat? I know nothing about these things. Is there somewhere to study what they are? I can't even figure how to reduce my avatar to fit in it's spot.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
So what is a star, what is a flag, and what is a wat? I know nothing about these things. Is there somewhere to study what they are? I can't even figure how to reduce my avatar to fit in it's spot.

The freshman forum and Board Business forums don't have stars. But stars are for you to star...or mark a post you like... It's a reward of sorts for the poster. Flags go to the person who starts a thread. Look at your profile in this thread...you will see the S and F and K and P and W.

P is for your total posts. S and F are stars and flags. And yes...the K...or karma is based off of "responses" to you with stars or flags or whatever in relation to your number of posts. The W is a secret, so as much as I'd like to...I can't tell you what it is!!!

edit on 19-2-2012 by webpirate because: inablility to spell the letter F

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

So what do you do with those stars and flags? I don't understand what they are supposed to be used for.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It's just sort of a ranking system. The W people will all have gold borders around their posts. The next 50 down have silver borders.

It's just basically a quick reference for members to look at another's profile and get a fast initial idea of the depth of they content they post.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

thought it was just mushrooms that were kept inthe dark ( wink wink )

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Ha! A trend I've noticed is that if you don't have an avatar - less stars. If you have a sexy woman avatar - more stars. I don't know how to make an avatar, but if I did and put one up I'd bet both a dollar and a donut that I'd get more stars through pure avatarness alone. As for K, it must mean klean living.

I was going to star you, then noticed you didn't have an avatar.

Try again later.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

OP glad you asked this question, I knew it stood for Karma, but I had assumed it was for how civil you were. (Whose got the dummy sign, I have to where it today.)

In my defense I have studied various religions for many years now in response to attending Catholic schools all my life, so...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

So what do you do with those stars and flags? I don't understand what they are supposed to be used for.

There is a secret forum where you can trade in your stars and flags for nifty ATS goodies. I'm saving mine for the official ATS 2012 Tin Foil Hardhat, and the much coveted, aluminum HAARP paperweight...

Yup...this will come in handy this year....

Des
edit on 20-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So when you get experienced at collecting Ws you get a boarder around you're posts? I thought this place was for trying to free yourself of thinking in the box. Seems that this tendency can create another box.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

And the Karma idea takes the prize!

We can't reveal the secret formula though. It's under tighter security than the KFC recipe.

Lets Go Knicks

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hi, I am a new member here and Ive recently noticed the strange set of Letters/Numbers below the avatars, i was a bit lost at first, i didn't know what they all really meant but reading through this thread has pretty much cleared it up for me, i am still a bit confused with why anything more than the KARMA and POSTS records would be necessary though?

I can totally understand the karma system, (if a member helps you, then give them some karma) but having a star system which seems like pretty much the same thing as the Karma system is rather confusing to me, so if i like a members post, i give them a star?, but then what about the karma, lol

I still have no idea what the W means to, i mean it says a few posts above that it means wat, but what is a wat?
or another explanation was its a secret, lol, i don't know but it has confused me quite a lot, ive come to the conclusion that it must be a system that is meant to confuse and only admin and mods can understand it because its a secret system.

All joking aside though, It seems i just don't understand the system properly yet, but hey im new so im sure ill get used to it eventually.

Edited to add a Q.... How do you give someone Karma?
edit on 4/8/13 by xMJRx because: Edited to add a Q.... How do you give someone Karma?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join