It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the K stand for? P=Posts, F=Flags, S=Stars, W=Wats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
To your left, beneath my avatar picture, and beneath my registration date, location, mood, and whether I'm on ATS now, or have been recently, you will see:

P, which stands of posts.
F, which stands for flags.
S, which stands for stars.
W, which stands for wats.

What does the K stand for?

Thanks.
edit on 19-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

i could be wrong but here is the trend i think i've noticed:

i think karma is a representation/ratio of flags to posts, whereas as watts is a representation/ratio of stars to posts...

edit on 2/19/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Its some kind of ratio taking total number of posts, and dividing by stars but also including flags not so much as stars, as far as I can tell. 1:1 (posts:stars) is a K of 20 or so, and 1:2 is 35 I believe, 1:3 is 50, etc. But its also modified by total flags too I think. Some crazy formula calculates it.
edit on 2/19/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
For some reason I recall a statement saying this was to be kept in the dark. Let's all post and see if we can figure it out.

I think the larger feline is correct. I also think perhaps applause comes into play.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I haven t always agreed with you domo1 but I love that avatar, it is great... The longer I look at it the more I chuckle to myself.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It stands for Kung-Fu....and it's a ratio of how awesome you are on the boards.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Knicks baby !

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Thanks for all the responses, I like the Karma idea, though it made me chuckle a bit.

So the consensus is it is some number they come up with by using a formula that uses posts, stars, flags, and applause as variables, or some variation of said formula?

Makes sense, I guess.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

And the Karma idea takes the prize!

We can't reveal the secret formula though. It's under tighter security than the KFC recipe.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

That's about the size of it.

Skeptic Overlord himself explained it a couple of years ago in this post...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its kind of for members who do contribute quality stuff - but may not start lots of threads.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I actually have the kfc recipe! But this formula puts the colonel to shame!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yeah - it's got to be quality of posts/threads!!!

Second
edit on 19-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

or
Manners and how good an example you are to others

edit on 19-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Ha! A trend I've noticed is that if you don't have an avatar - less stars. If you have a sexy woman avatar - more stars. I don't know how to make an avatar, but if I did and put one up I'd bet both a dollar and a donut that I'd get more stars through pure avatarness alone. As for K, it must mean klean living.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
k is for kills.

and u shouldn't need to use the rocket launcher to get them ya noob

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Its kind of for members who do contribute quality stuff - but may not start lots of threads.

I post nothing but the purest drivel, utter nonsense, longwinded crapola and crackpot conjecture and still managed 15 Ks.....How dat happen!!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Well thank you. Frankly, I rarely agree with myself and half the posts I make are more for the amusing responses. It's NOT trolling, it's playing devil's advocate or a social experiment or something. My stupid avatar still makes me laugh, much to the chagrin of the lady friend.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
It stands for Kung-Fu....and it's a ratio of how awesome you are on the boards.

Since you are a moderator, I must accept this is an official explanation?

And, since I've authored this thread I've recieved an applause, but my Kung-Fu rating did not go up or down.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

this noob has more kills than you, noob.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Ha! A trend I've noticed is that if you don't have an avatar - less stars. If you have a sexy woman avatar - more stars. I don't know how to make an avatar, but if I did and put one up

This should help you with your avatar:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Thanks!

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

As many have noticed, a new "KARMA" parameter has been added to the mini-profiles... and perhaps because of some of the comments in this thread, I moved-up the integration plan a bit.

First... the "WATS" score. I know many believe there to be some controversy or at the least, unfairness, in the method of calculation for the "Way Above Top Secret" ranking. The concerns/comments/ideas have not been ignored, but since the intent is to apply a heavy statistical weight to those who start threads, I believe the oft-discussed formula serves that purpose well, but may be refined as a result of the KARMA rank in order to place a much higher value on flags.

However, there are lots of members who contribute well, but may not start many threads; the KARMA score is for them. The karma calculation places a high weight on stars, a secondary weight on staff applause, and a tertiary lesser-weight on Flags; then compares all that against the number of posts. So that it is indeed possible for a new member with few threads, but great ideas in lots of replies, to achieve a higher "KARMA" than long-time high-WATS members.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join