It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails west of Ireland?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Wait a minute, "Luxor"...you reside in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.....I challenge you to GET OUT of that one geographical area and learn more about this BIG planet we live on (all of us) by travelling.....until then, your opinions are to be collected into a bin.....of those who have NOT travelled the World.

Understand? This is not a rebuke on you....it is just a simple fact that others have more worldly experience

Sorry....just the facts. Ma'am....

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Wait a minute, "Luxor"...you reside in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.....I challenge you to GET OUT of that one geographical area and learn more about this BIG planet we live on (all of us) by travelling.....until then, your opinions are to be collected into a bin.....of those who have NOT travelled the World.

Again...where is the topical relevance of your post? Perhaps your pit-stop style of travel has taken a toll? Is this an effort to get me to state personal information i.e. where I live, where I've been and my ethnic background?

Neither do I see the relevance of the political video. What does it have to do with global dimming? Are you sure you know what forum you're in?

I'm sorry if you have troubles with focus and if you have reality issues and if these are the reasons for your strange posts, I apologize in advance.

Jet emissions create white lines in the sky which can persist and turn into cirrus aviaticus (artificial clouds created by jet emissions.) These can then spread to cover the entire sky. Cirrus aviaticus have peculiar properties in that they destroy natural cirrus and inhibit natural cloud formation. They can cause drought conditions. They are not natural clouds but man-made and their effects on our planet are 'little understood.' But what is understood is that these effects are responsible for fewer sunny days and in a climate of few sunny days to begin with, I would think that would matter.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Yes, dear:

Jet emissions create white lines in the sky which can persist and turn into cirrus aviaticus (artificial clouds created by jet emissions.) These can then spread to cover the entire sky.

Facts, so far.....and then?

Cirrus aviaticus have peculiar properties in that they destroy natural cirrus and inhibit natural cloud formation.

NOT "fact"

They can cause drought conditions.

NOT "fact".

Try to bring only facts., please. Again........a bit of World travel will help.....
edit on Mon 20 February 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdRock69

Why is it always the same people saying the same thing over and over in chemtrail thread? Don't you guys ever have anything better to do? Go outside once in awhile.

Pretty sure the pics I posted came from me being outside except the moon one, so I guess that shows at least one of us debunkers goes outside.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

NOT "fact"

Here my points again:

Cirrus aviaticus have peculiar properties in that they destroy natural cirrus and inhibit natural cloud formation. They can cause drought conditions. They are not natural clouds but man-made and their effects on our planet are 'little understood.' But what is understood is that these effects are responsible for fewer sunny days and in a climate of few sunny days to begin with, I would think that would matter.

A paper titled 'Global radiative forcing from contrail cirrus' published 2011:

www.nature.com...

Aviation makes a significant contribution to anthropogenic climate forcing. The impacts arise from emissions of greenhouse gases, aerosols and nitrogen oxides, and from changes in cloudiness in the upper troposphere. An important but poorly understood component of this forcing is caused by ‘contrail cirrus’—a type of cloud that consist of young line-shaped contrails and the older irregularly shaped contrails that arise from them.

The model’s water budget was changed to accommodate for the new cloud class, enabling the simulation of the competition for available water vapour between natural and contrail cirrus.

Contrail cirrus change the water budget of the surrounding atmosphere and therefore can have an impact on natural clouds. Water vapour that is deposited on ice particles within contrail cirrus is not available for formation and deposition in natural cirrus any longer. Therefore, contrail cirrus have the potential to modulate the optical properties of natural clouds, delaying their onset and replacing them, which may partly offset the direct climate impact of contrail cirrus.

The change in cirrus coverage, calculated by vertically overlapping all ice clouds in a column (Fig. 4b), confirms that the natural-cirrus coverage is decreased owing to the presence of contrail cirrus.

www.climatechangesask.com...

Global dimming has interfered with the hydrological cycle by reducing evaporation and may have reduced rainfall in some areas. Global dimming also creates a cooling effect that may have partially masked the effect of greenhouse gases on global warming.

Increased pollution causes more particulates and thereby creates clouds consisting of a greater number of smaller droplets (that is, the same amount of water is spread over more droplets). The smaller droplets make clouds more reflective, so that more incoming sunlight is reflected back into space and less reaches the Earth's surface. These smaller droplets also decrease rainfall.

Some climate scientists have theorized that aircraft contrails (also called vapor trails) are implicated in global dimming, but the constant flow of air traffic previously meant that this could not be tested. The near-total shutdown of civil air traffic during the three days following the September 11, 2001 attacks afforded a unique opportunity in which to observe the climate of the United States absent from the effect of contrails. During this period, an increase in diurnal temperature variation of over 1 °C was observed in some parts of the U.S.

Pollution produced by humans may be seriously weakening the Earth's water cycle — reducing rainfall and threatening fresh water supplies. This is because the energy for the hydrological cycle comes from sunlight. As sunlight heats the ocean, water escapes into the atmosphere and falls out as rain. So as aerosols cut down sunlight by large amounts, they may be spinning down the hydrological cycle of the planet.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Looks like YOU need to get your facts straight. Hmmm?

Denial.... much?

I think luxordelphi just schooled you on that one.

nice job and info luxor.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Wait a minute, "Luxor"...you reside in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.....I challenge you to GET OUT of that one geographical area and learn more about this BIG planet we live on

Can you believe this guy?

What an arrogant, condescending attitude.

I would normally speak up in defense of a woman.

But it looks like she can handle herself just fine against the likes of your kind.

There's only so far a bunch of hot air can take you tweetie bird

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdRock69
Why is it always the same people saying the same thing over and over in chemtrail thread?

Don't you guys ever have anything better to do? Go outside once in awhile.

Because they can't believe the ignorance of aviation that is portrayed on these threads. Take a serious look at the so-called 'evidence' that is brought to these type of threads. It is any wonder that aviation enthusiasts, pilots etc shake their heads in utter disbelief. Take a look at You Tube channels such as Tanker Enemy and Peekay22 and their so-called 'evidence'. Ask Tanker Enemy why he has comment approval pending set on his uploads?

What is your take on 'chemtrails'? Have you been outside and looked up? Do you see the white lines and criss cross trails and jump to irrational conclusions? I fully understand that some of you need that bogey-man in your life. It is fashionable. The 'Chemtrail' conspiracy sells T-shirts and DVDs and makes some people a living. These people are laughing all the way to the bank on the back of this hoax and more and more gullible people are being sucked in. Sorry, but claims of "I just have to use my eyes and look up to see that something isn't right" is just complete non-sense. You guys will still be trying to work it out in decades to come. How come they weren't busted? Why is the sky still full of 'chemtrails'. Maybe the penny will drop someday, but as long as some of you guys require the bogey-man it will continue.

Take a look at the following timeline. Take a look at the correspondence dating back to WW2 from people observing persistent contrails and writing to Flight Magazine. Aviation enthusiasts collect copies of these magazines just in case some of your die-hard conspiracy people think that they have been 're-created' in recent years as part of the 'conspiracy'

Was Geoffrey de Havilland, Jr part of this 'conspiracy' when be observed and wrote the following in 1942?

VAPOUR TRAILS
Views of Well-known Test Pilot
I WISH to correct the various erroneous statements that have appeared in the correspondence columns of Flight concerning the origin of aircraft vapour trails. The trails referred to are, without doubt, due to the condensation of the water vapour content of the engine exhaust gases; this condensation will always occur under favourable conditions of humidity and temperature at high altitudes. I have myself frequently observed these trails from the cockpit of a high-flying aircraft in the very act of formation at the exit of the exhaust pipes. The formation of a short trail, or, as Mr. Dixon has expressed if, a trail "like the wake of a boat," is merely the prelude to the formation of the familiar "permanent" condensation trail which will occur when the aircraft in question runs into more favourable atmospheric conditions. Another type of trail which may be induced by the passage of an aircraft through air of high relative humidity may well be termed an " adiabatic trail," since it has its derivation in the adiabatic cooling of the air concerned to below its dew point.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Note the ignorance of the guy on You Tube, because he can't buy that persistent contrails were being observed in 1944 and 45. It demonstrates exactly the ignorance out there in regards to aviation.

Full timeline at following links.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Try to get a bit of travel under your belt, then come on back to ATS indeed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join