It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Foreign Secrarty Warns of "New Cold War"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Sky News

Reports out of London today based on statements from the UK Foreign Sec, State that the continuation of Iran to pursue nuclear technology could trigger a new cold war in the middle east. Meaning that if Iran has Nuclear weapons then "others" in the region may want them too. who? Yemen????

No, I can't see this. I think it is time to read between the lines. We know that Russia and China are backing Iran. Nato (US & UK) are Backing Isreal.

We assume that Israel is itching to bomb the crap out of Iran. So why use the term Cold War?

Its an election year in Russia. If (when) Putin regains presidency I believe you will once again see the ICBM lock on a hair trigger to US and European cities. In return, if they ever were not. The same from the west toward Russia.

If there was really the concern about this situation, then why not the same level of hysteria about North Korea, who already have them? No. Iran is a red herring. Although in oil Iran sport strategic concern on the straight of Hormuz. Which is why they are trying to subvert Syria, (and its pipe lines). However if the bombs with blue six pointed stars on them start dropping on Iranian soil. You will quickly see the worlds polarize back to pre-1980's camps. the middle east is an excuse.

The Doomsday clock

Also let us not forget that the clock has now moved back to 23:55. The highest it has been for years. If this goes down, or should I say WHEN it goes down. well TS has already HTF, now we are just waiting for the spray off to rebound on to us all!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Well I looked up the definition of 'cold war' online and it seems to me this exactly describes the current situation - in fact it has done for some time.
I call it 'stating the bleedin obvious'.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Sky News

Reports out of London today based on statements from the UK Foreign Sec, State that the continuation of Iran to pursue nuclear technology could trigger a new cold war in the middle east. Meaning that if Iran has Nuclear weapons then "others" in the region may want them too. who? Yemen????

No, I can't see this. I think it is time to read between the lines. We know that Russia and China are backing Iran. Nato (US & UK) are Backing Isreal.

We assume that Israel is itching to bomb the crap out of Iran. So why use the term Cold War?

Its an election year in Russia. If (when) Putin regains presidency I believe you will once again see the ICBM lock on a hair trigger to US and European cities. In return, if they ever were not. The same from the west toward Russia.

If there was really the concern about this situation, then why not the same level of hysteria about North Korea, who already have them? No. Iran is a red herring. Although in oil Iran sport strategic concern on the straight of Hormuz. Which is why they are trying to subvert Syria, (and its pipe lines). However if the bombs with blue six pointed stars on them start dropping on Iranian soil. You will quickly see the worlds polarize back to pre-1980's camps. the middle east is an excuse.

The Doomsday clock

Also let us not forget that the clock has now moved back to 23:55. The highest it has been for years. If this goes down, or should I say WHEN it goes down. well TS has already HTF, now we are just waiting for the spray off to rebound on to us all!

I suspect the 'who' in question is actually Saudi Arabia. They can not allow Iran to become an unchallenged Shia regional power. The Saudis are very keen on the US or Israel demolishing Iran for them.

new topics

join