It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.A.S Used on people of the United Kingdom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is something I heard from some people: just ordinary people who found themselves in a very strange situation. I honestly do not think anyone will believe this, I have no proof but I think it is interesting. It is quite simply that the S.A.S.: special air squadron have been used on members of the public. These people found that they were there to intimidate, I doubt they would be alive if they weren't. If others had met them not to be intimidated they would not be alive so I would expect no witnesses. Apparently after the said incidents they see a van with S.A.S. soldier on it: but the van appears to only be there briefly there for them to see, it is gone quickly so others do not see it.
edit on 17-2-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2012 by Asktheanimals because: changed title from all caps

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thats all pretty vague , how about some more details?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

What I heard was people being followed, bugs being discovered. Interestingly the people were being followed in such a way that they could see they were being followed. No fatalities.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Sending British special forces squad to intimitade citizen of Britain sounds pretty weird. There are relatively few of soldiers in SAS, their time is very expensive and to waste it on intimidating someone when there is police/secret services/regular army units who can do this specific task (if ordered to do it at all) with the same efficiency but with much less expensive manpower.
There are numerous possibilities that are more probable then what you said - from simply picking up soldiers for the ride to the base to training for the olympics.
edit on 17-2-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
Apparently after the said incidents they see a van with S.A.S. soldier on it: but the van appears to only be there briefly there for them to see, it is gone quickly so others do not see it.

edit on 17-2-2012 by Asktheanimals because: changed title from all caps

Can we know where and when this is/was happening.

In general the SAS do not advertise their presence, unless it is the airline SAS?

Or maybe it this company. sastransport.co.uk...

Look forward to further details.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So wait, the S.A.S, the worlds best is intimidating citizens?

I don't believe one word of it ...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

by the sounds of it someones been picked up and thrown in a van and told than the guy in black is SAS and will do (insert horrible things) to them, but given that it would be stupid to identify yourself as a member of the SAS all i can think of is that its people posing around and unless they start pulling out some real fire arms which here in the uk are rarer than a honest politician i'd call it bull

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
22 dont identify themselves
They certainly don't drive around with SAS soldier written on the side
This is one of the most covert units in the world
very VERY few will ever identify themselves even after service , if involved in an interview they will be digitally disguised
Either it's total BS or someone using the SAS name to their own ends
Having worked extreamly closely with the 'blades' i can honestly say this just wouldn't happen they would simply identify themselves as army or security services - hell I can even tell you they have no such vehicle with SAS soldier written on it
In answer to the question that's bound to come - grey orange blue and wood

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I admit it is very odd people are best at making up their own minds. The useage of the SAS on citizens seems odd. It does however have a presidence: they were used in Ireland when there was peace keeping duties, due to the IRA and other terrorist groups. In the miners strike it was leaked there was soldiers and SAS men sent by Margaret Thatcher to deal with the striking miners: although they were dressed as policemen without numbers or any identification on their uniforms.

I can also add that the SAS mark on the vehicle was simply stuck on as a poster. It does seem odd that more than one person would experience the same thing. Also as mentioned above they have been used on civilians of their own country before, and probably will again.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Im fairly certain one of if not the most recorded population in the world (CCTV hell) wouldn't need the SAS to merely follow someone. Bugs are not hard to position, all it takes is a little social engineering. The days of breaking in and taking the phone apart for a bug are ancient history. Many times surveillance can be done without entering the home, and without ever making contact with the mark. It is completely unnecessary in this day and age.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
First off it's "Special Air Service" not Squadron, and second, I highly doubt it, and even if it were so, you wouldn't know about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'd seen this headline elsewhere but skipped over it. This sounds really far out there for something that is actually happening. It's like saying the U.S. Navy SEALs are out following Americans around. Okay...true..they could I suppose, but thats like using a race horse for new rider training. What a waste....

Now if someone said British Military Intelligence was out poking around and following people about, it'd make a bit more sense...but the SAS? They kill people and break stuff...like every other combat special forces organization. Why play around tailing non-combatants unless it's training or something?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
SAS - Special Air Squadran.

Uh no, it is Special Air Service

BTW, i would think it is impossible to tell an SAS soldier out, unless they were wearing their military uniform including their beret and patches, with out them, no one would notice.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
To answer one question they are being used to intimidate. Also like I said THEY HAVE BEEN USED ON CITIZENS ON THE UK BEFORE:
1. IN IRELAND WHEN MARGARET THATCHER WAS PRIME MINISTER.
2. ON STRIKING MINERS WHEN MARGARET THATCHER WAS PRIME MINISTER.
The above times the S.A.S. were used was in the 1990's.

They have been used before. As for the numbers of the S.A.S. being small there is also a territorial S.A.S.
They simply obey orders: it made little sense to send them against miners but it was done and they obeyed because that is their job. So long as there is some cretin high enough up to issue the order they have to obey.
Remember the old adage,"Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms."
The times that the S.A.S. were used was under Margaret Thatcher in the 1990's. Under another conservative government it is all happening again

Remember these words the next time you hear about this is when it is so blatantly obvious that it is too late. Remember there was talk about whether the Army should be brought in to deal with student protesters. If they had brought the army in next would be special forces. The reason is some people think the people of the uk are a threat to their power.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Apart from the basic premise of this thread being nuts, its quite easy to spot an off duty or retired member as they all dress the same and have the same look about them. (At least for the first few years out).

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I've never heard of the SAS.
Pardon me for my ignorance.
What country are you talking about?
Are they like the infamous 'MIB' in America?

Oh, duh the united kingdom the title says. sorry i wasn't paying attention.
But still, I never heard of them. just sayin.....
edit on 17-2-2012 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Ha nice. Ronin? I was reading Charlie Beckwith's portrayal of the regiment and he described the colors as blue with white stripes. But then again that was over 30 years ago.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Ha nice. Ronin? I was reading Charlie Beckwith's portrayal of the regiment and he described the colors as blue with white stripes. But then again that was over 30 years ago.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
they do sometimes use sas forces to infiltrate terrorist networks and such.they used the S.A.S plain clothed soldiers to covertly illuminate IRA forces.lots of IRA troops was found with slashed throats or broken necks and no body knew what happened to them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join