It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well i went shopping yesterday...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
What i bought:

1x 250g Package of Lunch Meat
1x 1,5kg Bag of Cat Dry Food
1x Can of Wet Cat Food
2x 1L Spanish Red Wine
1x 250g Pack of Ground Coffee
1x Big Baguette

My Total was approx €6,50

I was cheap because i didn't have a lot of money so i bought the cheap, store brand cat food bag which is only 1.41 There is all sorts of wine, the cheapest is 1L Tetra Pak Spanish Wine for 0.59, the other one is the "fancy" (LOL ) brand which is €1.18 per 1L brick. Coffee is not very exciting here in general, but the 250g pack is only €1.18

I am living in Spain by the way. I had quite some stuff to carry when i went home.

End of exciting story

edit on 16-2-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

What kind of lunch meat? I am just wondering if the lunch meat in Spain is healthier than the lunch meat made in the United States. You and your cat have the basics...you'll survive until your next shopping trip!

Are you from Spain or did you arrive in Spain from somewhere else?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Wow that is way less than here in NZ.. I shop at one of the cheapest supermarkets and buying the cheap generic
brands would have cost around NZ$50 for the same items..around $31 euro

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

2x 1L Spanish Red Wine
With the other items you got these must have been like .50-1 each..

I would very much hate to drink that wine haha
But any drinks a drink I suppose

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

What kind of lunch meat? I am just wondering if the lunch meat in Spain is healthier than the lunch meat made in the United States. You and your cat have the basics...you'll survive until your next shopping trip!

Are you from Spain or did you arrive in Spain from somewhere else?

"Lunch Meat" in General is "so-so" in Spain, but it's "ok". The selection here is not any different than somewhere else, eg. Germany or States, imho. I dont think that the lunch meat is "healthier"....UNLESS we would get it at the butcher desk..but this is only cheap, pre-packed stuff for sandwiches

Yes and the cats are not big on the store-brand dry food at all, now they have the expensive one again. (Brekkies)...Friskies gives them bad diarrhea!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexx790
Wow that is way less than here in NZ.. I shop at one of the cheapest supermarkets and buying the cheap generic
brands would have cost around NZ$50 for the same items..around $31 euro

You are kidding me? I didn't know it's THAT expensive in NZ....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator

2x 1L Spanish Red Wine

The wine is "ok", my wife likes the "expensive" one for €1.18...i like it too. But i am quite sure that a wine "connoisseur" probably would never touch it.

I personally like that cheapa$$ Sangria (€0.96 1L Tetra Pack, €1.50 for 1,5L bottle) and mix it with the wine to make a stronger Sangria..this is really a good drink!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by TheCommentator

2x 1L Spanish Red Wine

The wine is "ok", my wife likes the "expensive" one for €1.18...i like it too. But i am quite sure that a wine "connoisseur" probably would never touch it.

I personally like that cheapa$$ Sangria (€0.96 1L Tetra Pack, €1.50 for 1,5L bottle) and mix it with the wine to make a stronger Sangria..this is really a good drink!
Wine is something that is worth paying the extra buck for if you can.
But if it’s going to be that cheap you should go for a white wine and mix it in with some juice or soft drink.

new topics

top topics

join