It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom Defined

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I am a soldier once so a soldier always. From time to time I run into guys here on ATS ( we deny ignorance but from the anonymity of a monitor). Bear with me, I will get to it.

So with travels here about ATS you run into the people that appear to Live Free or Die, and condemn the life of a soldier.
So with that being said is freedom something we should concern our selves in terms of our boarders (no fair hiring illegal house keepers and grounds keepers, mr. Live Free or Die).

Is our Freedom only something that can be taken away here at home? Is my battle then, mr. Live free or Die, only with politicians?
Globally our freedom is secure then with regard to our Currency? Is that correct mr.Live Free or Die? Iran trading oil in gold then is ok? They are free, right? I mean its good for them. Why cant everybody? Why shouldn't every nation trade OPEC Oil in Gold? U.S. national security isn't defined on the global scale only by our boarders, right mr. Live Free or Die?

When we get around our talks, mr. Live Free or Die we will of course talk about domestic affairs. Maybe Government Entitlements will come up. Bet you have a ear full for me on that subject, No? mr. Live Free or Die?
So if you don't mind with all of the conversation that we haven't been having mr.Live Free or Die, with your security stopping at your property line and such do you have a Living Trust set up so you can go on Government Entitlement Welfare so as to create a shelter for your riches to be passed on to a loved one mr. Live Free or Die and not consumed by the care of your health which is very obvious you covet.

If you live in America,a soldier gave his or her life for your freedom. People from all over the world cry for the help of the American Soldier.

No greater love have a man than to lay down his life for his brother.

The American Serviceman, any time any place, any body!

Oh yeah, my brainwashing. Thought that would come up. No I leave the politics up to the people you RE-elect every 2 and 4 years.
edit on 15-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Freedom is hard to define, I think. Unfortunantly, freedom in American means some people get to be a@#holes. It's the nature of the beast.

My father was in the Vietnam war. I've heard him talk about the lack of support from his fellow citizens, mainly b/c the war was unpopular. To this day, he can't stand Fonda for her remarks. So I guess I tend to see things with my father in mind.

It is possible to support and respect our soldiers without agreeing with the cause. I for one believe our reasons for being in Iraq were invalid. But I would not say that was the soldier's fault. It's the government's decision.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Not for nothing but it is with a heavy heart that I have to inform you that your preaching to the quire.

Here my violin.

I served my country well thank you...I dont need your condescending crap about freedome which I provided this country.

You think this makes me feel bad or something.

Save your flames.

Hate the game not the playa.

Live free or Die.

That is the way life is. Suck it up...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

that was my point with mr.Live free or Die who only wants to live free on his own property. Have a great day anyway

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Lol no soldier has died for my freedom, since ww2 hate to break it to ya but you all fought for pointless reasons. My father too fought in Vietnam. He was always convinced he fought for my freedom. i beg to differ.

Although my heart weighs heavy for those that did perish on either sides of any conflict, most made their decision's. Unless you where my father who had a choice he was going to prison and they offered him war and he took it. Never once was he thinking of me or any future generation's "freedom".

Also have you taken a look around you lately i would hardly call America free now days.

The real freedom fighters will be the ones that will eventually stand up to America imperialism and squash it like a bug!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hmm,

Mr Put me on a pedestal because I'm in the military has this idea that he is morally superior to everyone else and just because he CHOSE to join the military we all owe him a living.

I didn't ask a single one of you to join up so stop moaning about it, I didn't ask for any wars or killing or protection.. I don't owe you anything.

If my country was INVADED that is another thing entirely, but going over to other countries and killing their citizens doesn't cut it. Sorry.

Any time, any place any body?? Sounds like war mongering brain-washing to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Haites

its a free country. Go ahead trade opec oil on gold. how long before you start running to Mexico to trade dollars for Peso's.
Shout LIVE FREE OR DIE from your door step, its a free country!! more or less every day

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

This is Hollywood but I think it makes my point and yours

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by Haites

its a free country. Go ahead trade opec oil on gold. how long before you start running to Mexico to trade dollars for Peso's.
Shout LIVE FREE OR DIE from your door step, its a free country!! more or less every day

So whats your point, its America that has let you down not me. Why not send your OP to your local congressman and see if he gives a damn.

Live free or die means just that. There is no in between. When we are finally stripped of all our previous freedoms is when you to will scream LIVE FREE OR DIE.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I have 4 close family members in the military. Between them, they have done 8 tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. I am proud of all of them because they are good kids and have done well. They as individuals honor our country. Every generation of my family has been in the military of one country or another since the French Revolution.

Having said that, I vehemently disagree with every single "conflict" the US has been engaged in since World War 2. I understand as soldiers that you are told that your presence in foreign lands is to "fight for America's freedom". Well, what else are they going to say? That you are an imperialistic enforcement arm for the global elite, and it is your job to go in, topple governments and install puppet ones favorable to US interests? That you are an occupying force ensuring multinational corporations success in regions that they have no business being in? That you are responsible for blood being spilled on both sides, and many lives destroyed, so that a few rich bastards can be even richer? Worse yet, that you may be called in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act to occupy and fire upon your fellow Americans?

You are entitled to your right to rant, and I certainly can see why you say what you do, but be aware that history and politics do not support your viewpoint. I am fiercely isolationist when it comes to America and for the life of me I cannot understand how going into some God-forsaken sand pit and killing civilians who throw rocks is making me safer.

As far as oil for gold, that is the future. Our monopoly on oil being traded for US Dollars will go the way of the dinosaur, and you can thank the Federal Reserve and the central banks of the world for that. How long did you imagine the Emperor could prance around naked while he claimed he was wearing the finest robes? We've been exposed, my friend, and we are imploding from our own corruption. The rats are abandoning the sinking ship. That is free market enterprise at work.

Hopefully your anger will be channeled into defending Mr. Live Free Or Die, as opposed to enslaving him for some elitist swine.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Hopefully your anger will be channeled into defending Mr. Live Free Or Die,

mr. Live Freed or Die is safe in America since WWII he needs nothing from me. Nothing I can do for him. This country isn't being invaded, just ask him. He needs no defense, on any boarder.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Haites

Star and Flag for you, OP! Now for my response to Haites...

Lol no soldier has died for my freedom, since ww2 hate to break it to ya but you all fought for pointless reasons.

The most cliché anti-military remark on ATS!!

I often wonder if people feel smart and/or better about themselves when they make trite remarks like that about people who have served.

My father too fought in Vietnam. He was always convinced he fought for my freedom. i beg to differ. Although my heart weighs heavy for those that did perish on either sides of any conflict, most made their decision's. Unless you where my father who had a choice he was going to prison and they offered him war and he took it. Never once was he thinking of me or any future generation's "freedom".

I feel for people who were drafted…the military has been 100% voluntary for 50 years now. Everyone else chose to serve their country, including many in Vietnam. It makes my blood boil when I hear their service denigrated by people who have no idea what it means to serve. If you disagree with the mission that’s fine, but so many people feel it necessary to also demonize the people who do the work. Choosing to serve doesn’t mean you get to select the deployments you 'agree' with…the military isn’t a democracy.

Look, people don’t have to respect those who serve but people should at least bite their tongue and refrain from denigrating service members while protesting the war they disagree with.

Also have you taken a look around you lately i would hardly call America free now days.

The second most cliché remark on ATS

You managed to fit them both into one post!!

Do you see a country with more freedom or a longer history of freedom than US? Could that possibly be due to the strength of the US military?

The real freedom fighters will be the ones that will eventually stand up to America imperialism and squash it like a bug!

Is that what the OWS crowd tells itself at night? Those are the real heroes, right?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Haites

Oh really. Soldiers die everyday prectecting freedom. You just don't know it.

If you think they have not died recently for you to have the shelter they provide you are incorrect.

Anywhere in the world when a US soldier dies it is for you whether you appreciate and are aware of it well that is up to you to believe. What ever....

But little do you know it is for you.
Unless your from someplace other than the us.

Well I guess even if your from france or else where if it was not for the us being the world police your country would be like seria right now.'

new topics

top topics

join