It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece - Current riots now! *Livestream*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
12160.info... --- BETTER Link

www.ajc.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

-----

Violence erupts in Athens as MPs debate package of austerity cuts worth €3.3bn as country seeks to avoid defaulting on debt

--

Tear gas, fires and riots - apparently its in many cities. Top link is live stream.

A friend linked me this quote:

someone said this 'I'm Greek. If the bailout passes, they will storm the building, if it doesn't the EU will come down.

edit on 12-2-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Protesters threw stones and petrol bombs, and several buildings were set on fire. Police fired tear gas.

MPs are discussing a bill to introduce the measures, which are being demanded in return for a 130bn-euro ($170bn; £110bn) bailout to avoid default.

PM Lucas Papademos warned that failure to pass it would be "disastrous".

How serious is this?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Is anyone really surprised after all the nonsense that has gone on so far?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
those people are going through hell..and its going to get much worse.
its serious

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Hey there... the top link in your OP took me to a written article so I searched for a different livestream and here is what I am watching at the moment Livestream Greek Riots

To be honest, in answering your OP, I have no idea anymore just what to think. We have seen this before, recently in fact, from Greeks in opposition to the moves made by their Government. Do I think it's serious? Yes, not just the riots but the situation in general. Is this the time it gets pushed off the edge? Who knows, we will all just have to watch and wait. I just hope that when it does go off the perverbial cliff it is not as bad as the picture my imagination has painted.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Greece is very near to civil war. They have 2 choices: Either drop Euro, or decrease spending and rise taxes. People don't accept neither of these, so violence is going to spread.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I found this link on twitter. fr.wwitv.com... It appears to be a news station broadcasting events.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
here are the streams I am on:
RT.com

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It's bad ... but those guys are prostesting that noone else way pay for what they used .... no sympathy from here .... you used the money now pay the debt.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just as I have very little control over what my gov't spends the Greek people have little control over what their gov't spends. Apparently seeing how the breakdown of the bailout goes, the Greek gov't has little control over what they spend as well. Dismissing the whole of the Greek people based on some poor decisions which heavily affect the same system that the remainder of the world is a part of is to dismiss the economic situation of the entire west.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Parliament passed the austerity bill, will they hang em from a lamp post?
Whatll the police do now?they are standing for the people last i heard, maybe its time for the mass arrests to begin with the bankers from the IMF and so forth.....I sure hope they go that route instead of tearing apart the country in anger.....

top topics

join