It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deaf girl, 10, 'trafficked to UK and kept as sex slave in cellar by elderly couple for almost 10 YE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Deaf girl, 10, 'trafficked to UK and kept as sex slave in cellar by elderly couple for almost 10 YEARS'

www.dailymail.co.uk

A deaf orphan girl was trafficked into Britain and forced to act as a virtual slave for a couple, a court was told.

Locked in a cellar each night, the ten-year-old was repeatedly raped and forced to carry out chores including cooking, cleaning, sewing and washing.

Ilyas Ashar, 83, and wife Tallat, 66, regularly beat the girl – dragging her by the hair if she was too slow and slapping her if the food was too hot or spicy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's hard to imagine anything worse, because imagination of such evil doesn't stretch that far in most people. I'm hard pressed to think of anything more atrocious a couple of people can do to another human being.

A thing the article mentioned really got to me:

Mr Cadwallader said the girl had remained a captive for almost ten years because she knew no one and had absolutely nowhere to go.

‘For her that’s all she had really known and she was forced to accept it as her way of life,’ he added. ‘She knew nothing else.

"She knew nothing else", I'm at a loss for words. Her chance at a normal life is long gone. Due to her being deaf must really make it hard for her communicating how she experienced this horror for all these years.

The Fritzl case is not long ago, but similar cases frequently comes up. The thing that scares me is the thought of how many out there that doesn't get caught.

Human trafficking is truly a form of modern slavery and human depravity.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Even though I'm not the slightest bit religious, I sometimes wish there were a hell for people like this. These people are too old to get the punishment they deserve, they will die in prison, pretty soon no doubt - which is unfortunate, they deserve a lifetime of hell.

Story's like this really touch me. I think as a nation we need to start looking out for each other more, we need to start taking notice of odd behavior and report it accordingly.

Id like to add too, lets not turn this into a thread of religious hate. Yes the culprits were followers of Islam but that does not mean it is because of that reason they acted out such . .

Something I am questioning though, is that these people are elderly who kept the girl captive, how didn't visitors notice this treatment of the girl? Also, they live in a terraced house, if the girl was crying constantly - in the cellar, wouldn't the neighbors of suspected something? I'll go back to what i first said, we need to start taking more collective responsibility and realize we are here for each other, not just our direct friends and family, but everybody - the sooner we realize this, the better we live and we also gain more authority as citizens.
edit on 10-2-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Beyond words

Human trafficking is truly a form of modern slavery and human depravity.

I wonder if she was one of the childsex slaves the UN brought in...they have human trafficking and sex slaves down to an art. (google it)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
it IS a shame that this poor soul doesn't know normalcy to life and will be forever scared by this.
just the smallest traumatic experiences can leave one with a 'scare reflex' that lasts for years. i could not imagine how bent her future will be. i hope someone very warm and dedicated helps her integrate back into society and rehabilitation.

the things people do...
get a hobby for F' sake.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I agree with you wholeheartedly. If there's a hell, this is most certainly the place for them. Too bad a court doesn't have the jurisdiction to send them there.

Story's like this really touch me. I think as a nation we need to start looking out for each other more, we need to start taking notice of odd behavior and report it accordingly.

People do need to look more out for each other. Sadly, most people are too preoccupied with their own lives, and I guess there's a ruling mentality in that 'you should only look out for yourself'. Identifying the reasons for this is really not easy, but it's a tragic reality.

Id like to add too, lets not turn this into a thread of religious hate. Yes the culprits were followers of Islam but that does not mean it is because of that reason they acted out such

Of course, this has got nothing to do with religion. Evil streches beyond the borders of any one religion, it's intrinsic with humanity itself. Lucikly and hopefully it's a vast minority.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
SO GROSS!~!~

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

just the smallest traumatic experiences can leave one with a 'scare reflex' that lasts for years.

So true. A rape victim has a real chance of never developing a physical relationship with anyone their whole life. This girl may be depraved of the understanding of basic human contact and empathy. It's just impossible to understand the complexities of the damage that has been done.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

exactly. my wife was violently attacked in the 90's leaving her with a disabilitating brain injury that changed her life.
for years after the attack, she had a very strong scare reflex and was quite spooky.

15 years later, she's doing much better, but its always in there not too far away.

new topics

top topics

join