It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is true, Antarctica and Greenland is losing huge amounts of ice

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

And why are the rainforest depleted?
What has that got to do with arctic ice?

If you even have to ask that question than you have not studied ecology.

Trees are the lungs of our planet....................do the research, I'm not going to give you my thousands of hours of research for free.

Simply start with the three books I mentioned that Ervin Laszlo wrote.

And I mean this in a friendly and helpful way.

Duped?

No, I've done the leg work.

Between cutting down millions upon millions of acres of trees, oil and now CorExit on top of the oil compromising our oceans, radioactive elements now enmasse in our air, soil and the Pacific Ocean, all mixed together - we have in general really messed up our planet.

I have a couple friends and a family member that their entire careers are based upon the study of our planet (water, weather, climate change cycles, etc) and their professional opinion is we have hit the point of no return unless humanity changes the way we live drastically.

It begins with each and everyone of us.

And this is real, not imagined.

Take into consideration the huge population of India and China now following the throw away life style of America.

Again, simply do the research.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
People who deny global warming are simply acting out of fear. They don't want to face the reality. They cling to anything that denies global warming, because the reality terrifies them.

It is why people who deny global warming always have such an emotional response.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

My nephew actually was in Antarctica for a month and said the amount of ice shelves he saw disappear each day, each hour was beyond comprehension..................he was on a boat with scientists studying it.

Recently I say a documentary on Antarctica that said basically same thing. Although not as dramatically. I suspect that the truth was watered down to get the video on mainstream media.

I do a fair amount of research on the web on this issue regularly. All the mainstream predictions are extremely conservative. The worst case scenarios are actually the best case scenarios. From what I have learned, we are probably in for major changes in the next twenty years, maybe as soon as the next five years.

If the reports of arctic methane boiling up from the continental shelves are true, and all evidence points to a very valid source, we might be seeing the beginning of very dramatic climate change this very winter. Maybe we are just seeing a seasonal weather variation, they happen all the time, even if this one is pretty extreme. Maybe the current warm weather in the U.S., and Europe's recent cold snap, is an indicator of major global climate change occurring as we post. When I look at the data, odds are high that this methane release is a recent phenomenon, and the chances of drastic global weather changes are a toss of the dice, or possible the toss of a coin. My life ideology or hope for the best, but plan for the worst is getting harder to follow.

My best forecast, humanity will have to undergo massive changes, starting with the generation we are currently raising.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join