It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the Food Stamp President, Newt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I would normally comment, but see if you can't tell where Congressman Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) is going with this on February 8, 2012, as he came to the House Floor to respond to Newt Gingrich, who calls President Obama the Food Stamp President. It's a good thing when all facts and figures are considered and all sides of the story are told.

I didn't see this posted...please delete if it's already a thread.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Good, solid information there. I just learned someting today.

Too bad he didn't take it a step further and say WHY the Bushs have such "kind hearts" for the poor people. Because people like them want to see the poor stay that way. You increase someone's dependancy on something while not giving them any motivation to get out of that situation, they are going to stay there. And if they do, the disparity between the rich and poor gets even wider. The poor continue to have less and less, and the rich get richer.

Greed. that's what it's all about.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is all fine and Dandy, but George Bush was last president 3 years ago. Yawn. This is more side show bull crap politics at it's finest (or worst). How about these puppet politicians start arguing about how to get more people OFF of food stamps and back to work instead of placing blame on each other when both sides (ie their all on the same side) created the social welfare state.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I would normally comment, but see if you can't tell where Congressman Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) is going with this on February 8, 2012, as he came to the House Floor to respond to Newt Gingrich, who calls President Obama the Food Stamp President. It's a good thing when all facts and figures are considered and all sides of the story are told.

F&S for a great post and a good find. You are absolutely correct in that it is indeed a good thing when all the facts and figures are presented and the whole story is told. On the other hand, you have to keep in mind the fact that neo-cons live in an impenetrable bubble where "facts & figures" are not allowed to enter.

You know what they say; "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink." I think that Bill Maher and Keith Olberman demonstrated the phenomena pretty well in this skit;

Apparently, in republican circles the word "fact" is considered to be just another dirty 4 letter word that deserves no consideration.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I'm sure someone will find fault with it. It's so very hard to tell what's real and what's spun anymore, isn't it?

reply to post by Drew99GT

Agreed, but there doesn't exactly seem to be an honest, open exchange of ideas and information in today's political climate, does there? Also, the congressman was responding directly to Gingrich's allegation to attempt to set the record straight about the lies Gingrich is telling, and these kinds of lies are a disservice to all.

reply to post by Flatfish

Yep. And that bubble needs to burst for us to get the truth out there and, more importantly, survive as a nation.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Gingrich looks like he at a whole lot of foodstamps

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
George W Bush, President of the USA for 8 years= +14.7 Million new food stamp recipients
Barack Obama, president of the USA for 3 years= +14.2 Million new food stamp recipients...

14.7 divided by 8 = 1.84 Million per year.... UNACCEPTABLE
14.2 divided by 3 = 4.73 Million per year.... DISGRACEFULLY INEPT

Averages and weighting figures based on duration and pertinent time spans are interesting. The simplest fact here is that this video is trying to compare one large turd with another large turd, because let's be real honest... both of these guys' records in regards to food stamps are big ol' steaming piles.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

There you go with those pesky little facts and common sense, again.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Burd, were those numbers from the video or somewhere else? It looks like cumulative per number of years in office? Also, I guess we'd have to look at and adjust for a whole lot more that just "new food stamp recipients," such as numbers of unemployed and below poverty level and value of the dollar adjustments to get a crystal comparison.

new topics

top topics

join