It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality Happens All the Time... Even when the cameras aren't rolling.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This video is pretty self explanatory. It is this type of activism that will make people aware.

The people who stand idly by and do nothing, are just as guilty as the person committing the offence. I don't care if you know a good police officer or not; they are not above the law. While some clips in this video may not tell the whole story, there are most definitely examples of blatant abuse of power. It is up to us to keep the system in check. It is up to us to restore the credibility of the officers sworn to serve and protect. The only incidents we know about are the ones that are recorded. How many incidents such as these do you think happen on a daily basis with no record at all? The judiciary system will take an officer's word over any civilian without evidence. So keep those cameras rolling, don't be afraid of an officer who tells you to quit filming. You have the right to film them when they are grossly abusing their power. We let them have the power that you are seeing in this video. Unless we make a stand, they will never stop.

With all the technology we have today, why not use it for US. If you see something, film something.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Saw this one the other day, not bad. That poor man getting brutally beaten at 2:30 really gets the Darkside flowing through me.

I worked with super strong mentally retarded adult males for over a decade, no batons, no mace, no tasers, nothing but our "Non violent crisis intervention training", and not once did we ever NEED a weapon to subdue anyone in violent crisis mode if there were at least 2 of us around.

I am 175 lbs soaked and wet, some of these guys I restrained were 300lbs and could lift around 500lbs or more in an angry tirade. There are techniques to take down and restraints that if done correctly, could take down anyone anytime.

These people getting assaulted by officers could be easily restrained and cuffed with bare handed techniques, the use of this kind of FORCE is extremely unnecessary and just plain lazy.

Just in case anyone wasn't sure what we're seeing here...

ter·ror·ist
n.
One that engages in acts or an act of terrorism.
adj.
Of or relating to terrorism.
terror·istic adj.

-The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

ter·ror·ism (tr-rzm)
n.
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

-The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
To protect and serve...

More like assault and battery..

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The clip that really gets me is the one where the person is hit by the car and then several officers continue to beat him as he lays there. I just do not understand what is going through the heads of the police officers.

I'm in full agreement, a person can be subdued far easier than what is observed here. I have no particular training but I have observed on a few occasions techniques that were very effective without the use of any violent physical force.

Perhaps the scariest part about these videos is that there are several officers in each one, and none of them seem to take the slightest action is stopping any of the events from occurring. People talk about good officers, but would those good officers operate outside of the human social constraints of "norms" and "fitting in"? I am afraid that being a "good" officer doesn't always cut it in these situations.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
In most of these cases what was the common denominator.

Most of these guys beaten were Handcuffed, and out numbered, but ALL OF THEM weren't resisting.

They were gonna get beat on no matter what happened.

God I hate Cops.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
When exactly are these officers trained to see that a suspect is "Subdued". I mean I watched the video again after your post and can see exactly what you mean. They aren't resisting, and in almost all cases are not able to resist because of the handcuffs anyhow. The one where the guy tackles the officers is an obvious mistake, but outside of that incident there is no definitive line at which the officers realize that enough is enough.

join