It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Update) Song Almost Done

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
reply to post by mainidh

I've got some metal stuff too. I'll have to record a song for yah

To be honest, you got me hunting for a vox amp.

sounds awesome.

oh mine will be cheap, and never will I make things like you can, but I'll be fiddling away on the strings, thanks to you.. i long put away my guitar. man, you're inspirational, I swear!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Oh yeah I should let you know what guitar and pickups I'm using. A Fender stratocaster with Texas custom special pickups.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Donahue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Is there a place near you where local musicians hang out? Possibly a music instrument shop? If so, they often have some kinda board you can pin a card to. Just say "Guitarist, looking for work/band/experience, plays x styles" and leave an email address or something.

Look online for the above or similar and link to your vids. Find independent record label/music people and let them hear your demos. There may be a band (assuming you are not in one already) looking for just this sound.

If you are already in a band, start playing live locally, even if it's for free the first few times. Pubs, clubs, special events, etc. You have to get yourself out there and everyone is an unknown when they start. From there the ball will start rolling.

And, one more little thing. Unfortunately talent does not always mean success. Look at the Music Charts today, much throwaway music is there. (This is why I don't like Pop, most of it ages very quickly) If you do it, do it because you enjoy it, and don't give up.

I watched a David Gilmour live DVD and he had an interview on the disc. He said being a musician is a bit of a nerdy type thing, the musician plays what he likes and hopefully the crowd will enjoy it. He also said when he tried to deliberately write a "crowd pleaser" it failed, so he just went back to "doing his own thing" and is very successful and much loved.

Small steps and don't get disheartened.
Good Luck!

ETA The female confusion was due to the vid I found of yours having a female singer (with a good voice).
edit on 8/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks buddy! And yeah the female singer is my friend.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join