It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speed Limit enforced by aircraft?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Speed Limit enforced by aircraft?

Nothing new. 'bears in the air' have been a fact since the late 1960s when police helicopters timed automobile speed by markers on the roadway. If you went between Point A and Point B too quickly, they had you and your tag (via binoculars) dead to rights.

But... I do suppose that drones will eventually be used for this duty in places where traffic conditions are most dangerous or there is a municipality in need of revenue...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by herenow

Here in Holland they had radar detectors (illegal) to detect the speed cameras on the ground. The police then came out with a radar detector detector to pull over drivers and force them to give it up. Is having a police scanner in your possession legal? I'm not a driver so pretty clueless about these kinds of laws.

Some newer radar detectors have radar detector detector detectors. No that wasnt a typo and I didnt studder. The devise the police use is called a VG2. And if you have a certain types of detecto,r it will power down and go into a "cloaking" mode when it detects a cop's radar detector detector.

I know because I have one.
and it talks. Gotta love technology.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join