It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting polar bears for € 30.000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I just found an article about the "hunting fair" in Dortmund, Germany. Some reporters of Germanys biggest newspaper BILD am SONNTAG go undercover and try to book trips to shoot polar bears, and other exotic animals. And it's apparently pretty easy to find a tour operator who will help you "fulfill your dreams". Just digusting! Very interesting article that I translated in its entirety (with the help of google):

Source (in German): www.bild.de...

Translation: use the source link and paste it here translate.google.com...#

Bild am Sonntag over the perverse business of German tour operators in hunting protected animals

The man in the costume jacket knows what he wants to shoot the most. Around him, it's loud, a wind quintet opens with the concert. But he is sure. "This one, I want." It shows a lion in a glossy brochure. His eyes sparkle. "You should get the" the seller says and laughs. Another customer more.

What sounds like a sales pitch for the new Audi A3 is the lucrative business of German tour operators with strictly protected animals. Polar bear, leopard, lion and rhino - they all stand for years on the red list of endangered species worldwide. Nevertheless, they are officially open season on hunting for tourists.

We, the BILD-am-Sonntag-reporters are on Europe's largest fair chase "hunting dog" in Dortmund's Westphalia Hall. To 48 000 square meters are there until this evening for 13 euro entrance Waidmanns the complete equipment from the hunting rifle to the waterproof sock. But has 138 tour operators have set up their stalls. They offer luxury travel packages for amateur fighters from the North Pole to South Africa. With the launch warranty. Killing as an all-inclusive vacation.

We want to find out how the lucrative business works and give us as interested in hunting friends. At the booths, we are told that our father next year, its 60th Celebrates birthday and wants to meet his family on the anniversary of his hunting dream died an exotic.

The first level is related to "Various hunting trips." The chef, George Various asks us at the table. He wears a wool felt hat, a waistcoat and designer stubble. When we told him of our present idea of a polar bear hunt, tell, he whistles through his teeth and grins: "A polar bear that is. A good choice. "He starts telling a story. "The chance to shoot a polar bear are excellent. The best in March, April. Then the bears come out of hibernation, they are hungry and can be lined with seal meat. Then they are easy prey. "We ask if our father killed the bear can really take home with you? "Well, sure. He can make stuff up and put into the living room. "The price of the trip must be calculated first, but with 25 000 €, we would have to pay for itself.

edit on 5-2-2012 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2012 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
hunting for 'sport' and 'kicks' is just plain sick.

the 'humans' that partake in such events are less then animals.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
and tour operaters should get their asses sued and fined till their asses are bankrupt.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I don't see how anyone could live with themselves knowing they helped wipe an entire species out of existence.
Sick bastards

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I know heaps of guys that hunt pigs and kangaroo's

The prefered method is to take hunting dogs to catch and tear apart the pigs/roo's.

These guys think its the most fun you can have with your pants on.

new topics

top topics

join