It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Shakespeare play and why

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't like Julius Caesar. I prefer A Midsummer Night's Dream.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I haven't read Macbeth, and I really should because I've heard a lot of people have said that is their favorite play by Shakespeare.

Have you guys ever read Richard III? I read it for my college level Shakespeare class, and I was blown away by how amazing it was. It might not be as psychologically deep as say, Hamlet, but Richard III is simply a good, creative story, of a person who is so wickedly smart and manipulative. Just to give a taste, in the beginning of the play he is able to woo the wife of the man he had murdered. It's really quite clever and deceptive, but the whole time while reading it, you can't help but root for him. He's like one of those villains that you can't help to love so much because he is so bad.

Anyway, I strongly recommend it. Also the Ian McKellen version of the film is excellent, and so is the Al Pacino film Looking for Richard, which is like a documentary of him preparing for the play and his interpretation and analysis of the play, so it's like a play within a movie. There is also a Laurence Olivier version, but I haven't seen that one so that I could vouch for it, but I'm sure it's good too.

Richard III is also where the famous iambic pentameter line comes from, "A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!"

new topics

<< 1   >>

join