It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Quiz, test your knowledge!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I found this short quiz (7 questions) linked to an information clearing house article posted today, try it out, if you've been around ATS for a while there's a good chance you'll do well.

Link to Quiz

I'd be interested to see how some people who only watch/read/listen to mainstream media would do, its amazing to me how the basic facts of whats going on are way under-reported.

You'll find links to sources on the answers page.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I reckon I would get a 100% (but not gonna drop my e-mail addy)

Of course, you realize the questions are tailored to paint a specific outlook...the exact opposite propaganda can also be made

1) Which country offically states it wants death to a nation 1) Iran 2) burkastan 3) narnia 4) derp

2) Which country has had their military literally shoot down peaceful protestors

etc etc etc.

the propaganda goes both ways..truth is Iran is a turd, Israel is a turd, USA is a turd, etc...there is no good guy nation with a unblemished white hat

The people are cool, the media and many politicians however sucks (seems to be a constant no matter what nation you discuss).

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Nice quiz i think i pissed with flying colors , is it ironic propaganda ? i enjoyed it really nice messaged in portrayed .
Thanks for post
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I reckon I would get a 100% (but not gonna drop my e-mail addy)

Of course, you realize the questions are tailored to paint a specific outlook...the exact opposite propaganda can also be made

1) Which country offically states it wants death to a nation 1) Iran 2) burkastan 3) narnia 4) derp

The thing is anybody could answer that one because its being constantly repeated over and over in the media whereas for a question like..

According to the UN Charter and Nuremberg Tribunal, what is the gravest war crime of all?

or

The IAEA severely criticized which country for falsifying information on Iraq and Iran’s nuclear programs?

Are also basic questions however if you asked people on the street I think the results would be appalling.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Question #8
Iran is developing Nuclear technology for the following reasons:
1. They lack energy resources like OIL.
2. They need more power for thier discotheques.
3. Military purposes/religious purposes. (same thing in Iran)

Basic Facts.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by shambles84
Nice quiz i think i pissed with flying colors , is it ironic propaganda ? i enjoyed it really nice messaged in portrayed .
Thanks for post
_javascript:icon('
')

Yeah "counter-prop" lol, it is biased to the other side of the argument that's obvious, but the point is why have people(besides atsers) not even heard that the other side of the argument exists? (in an intelligent form)

I'm going to see how some family members go.
edit on 4-2-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
To answer the question in that "quiz".

Target: Iran

Who is the real threat?

Answer: Iran

Because the US is not threatening anyone with a nuclear bomb although they have it already for 70 years.
And Iran is not really holding back with threats and ranting and their religious idiocy.

And doing that idiotic "quiz" will unlikely change those facts.
edit on 4-2-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I thought it might annoy someone, do you have any evidence the quiz is wrong?

Thanks for the bump.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
reply to post by flexy123

I thought it might annoy someone, do you have any evidence the quiz is wrong?

Thanks for the bump.

Hey polarwarrior, didn't you know - facts are shnacts and sources are for souses. Why spend a lot of time trying to research the facts. It is easier to just read an opinon piece of your favourite reporter and to memorize a few soundbites.

top topics

join