It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manning cleared to play by doctor, But what happens now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This evening news broke that Peyton Manning has been cleared to play by his doctor. This now opens up a whole new round of questions. Will he stay in Indy as their starter? Will he be released as a free agent? If so where do you think he will end up? and probably the biggest question of all..... Will he reinjur himself? Whatg are you thoughts?

News Story

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Peyton Manning is my favorite sports player of all time. He was a great player in terms of skill and ability, yet he also practically coached the men on the field as he played. He made the adjustments, called the shots, and was all-around the most intelligent quarterback IMO. However, that being said... I would not want Manning to come back only to become paralyzed or something of that nature. Yeah, another ring would be nice, but his well-being is what should be considered. I want him to become either head coach, or AT LEAST offensive coordinator.

Colts for the win!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I agree. IMO one of the best QBs of this era. A part of me wants him to play agian because he is awesome to watch but another part dosent want to see him hurt.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Poor Peyton Manning. I like him as a player and he is definitely one of the best QB's in this era. Unfortunately he is being shadowed by his wimpy younger sibling.
I want to say he has two years of pro left in him. I know in the fans hearts though they want to see him retired and not with a permanent injury. Looking at him on the sidelines this past season I witnessed a hunger to play. Looking out at the field wanting to get in there and making a difference. \
I am going to break it down for you. The Colts have a good chance of getting Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III in the NFL draft.
Scenario 1. Peyton will re-sign with the Colts and take one of those draft QB's under his wing and perfect them
Scenario 2. Peyton does not re-sign but instead comes back as QB coach,
Scenario 3. Jim Caldwell Recently was fired so the coaching staff in Indianapolis has a lot of openings for Peyton.
Scenario 4. Peyton ditches Indy in hopes of building another NFL franchise up. EX, Skins, Bills, Bucs Ect.
Scenario 5. Peyton escapes on a UFO just in time before the world explodes in 2012. (hey, this is ATS)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I think Scenario 5 is the best bet

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
P.Manning - 1) Colts won`t keep him &are already working on a trade before a March deadline,or Colts have to cough up a $28 million bonus to him. 2) Arizona Cardinals will open their "pocket books" up to grab him for a two year deal. 3) Cards will dump Kolb($$$), keep J.Skelton,to learn under Manning. 3) Manning will get Cards to Super Bowl next season, then last year of his two year deal will see him becoming Quarterback Coach for Cardinals & moving permanently to Scottsdale, AZ. Hey, it could be worse. What`s a little dreaming for a die hard Cardinal Fan?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with dreaming. I am sure there are lots of fans that would like to see him wear their teams uniforms.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
He hasn't been cleared to play yet. If and when he is he'll no longer be a Colt. He's due $28 million in bonuses and the owner isn't going to pay that. The strongest rumor if he can play again is Miami.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It seems that Irsy is just buying time trying to pull the wool over the fans eyes. He is already set on pulling Andrew Luck with the first overall pick and cutting manning so he can save his 28 mil and give a little of it to Luck. I am kind of curious where Manning will end up. There are a few teams out there that need a good QB but i am not sure how many teams can afford him.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
They have 2 days to decide. I dont think its right for the fans that they have waited this long.

new topics

top topics

join