It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-hour Energy vs. Amish Milk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I try to not watch a lot of TV, but I just saw a commercial for that 5-hour Energy drink. The thing is, on the commercial is a disclaimer saying to the effect "This product has not been tested or approved by the FDA".

And they say on their site that it contains sucralose preservatives and phenylalanine but definitely no aspartame. Oh, thank heaven. But if our good buddies at the FDA haven't tested it, couldn't they be lying? Couldn't this thing be totally destructive to your cellular metabolism, your pancreas, your liver and kidney functions? Couldn't it contain all sorts of crap they aren't telling you about because the friendly folks at the FDA have turned their backs to an item consumed, as the commercial gloats, by millions of people every day?

How the heck are they allowed to sell this thing then if it is intended only for consumption!!?? (though I'm pretty sure it could dissolve paint if you wanted it to)

My point being.. the FDA and ATF agencies can raid and destroy Amish raw milk because it hasn't been "properly pasteurized"? I think I know their logic and the end of their means, but it just MAKES. ME. SICK.

The same FDA that raises acceptable radiation levels just for political folly when we have a major disaster happening in Japan?

We all know this world is getting screwier every day, just wanted to rant. AHH!

I have to run to my slave-job (alas I still work on the books though I am getting closer every day to freeing myself completely) but a bit of research shows that Living Essentials LLC, owners of 5-hour energy, are run by Innovation Ventures, LLC.. wonder if they have any strange ties? Will research when I get back but.. food for thought for ya if you're willing to look into it.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Last night I saw a commercial, for the first time, for 5 Hour Energy Gum!

Can you imagine trying to have a conversation with someone chomping away like they're on crack? HAHA! Good thing they were also advertising 5 hour Relaxing gum. HEHE.

Talk about marketing!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The majority of us know the FDA couldn't give 2 snips about our health and well being. I decide for myself what i can and cannot consume. I don't need a middleman telling me what is good and what is bad to their regulations. I'll drink unpasteurized milk as long as it doesn't come from the bleeding utters of an over milked cow fed monsanto grain living on a cattle farm with 20,000 other cows caged on a dirt field of feces.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What makes you think being tested by the FDA would lessen the likelihood of there being all sorts of damaging chemicals of any other edible food like substances sold in stores?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Simply another example of the Gov going ass-first with no idea of where they're going or how they got there.

LESS GOVERNMENT is always a solution.

Then some good capitalist would start a business to test stuff, oops, already happened..Consumer Reports? IDK

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

No I understand the nature of the FDA they don't have any sway on what I do or do not eat, I realize they're part of the eugenics agenda and all. It's just the blatant double standard shown in this example, and the fact that 5-hour energy gets no sort of "whoa, hold on a sec" from the FDA when they make it a point to destroy the livelihood of Amish farmers. Sigh.

I realize I'm preaching to the choir when I come up with a post like this but it's just one of my avenues to get my thoughts out

top topics

join