It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto may be behind Bee Colony Deaths

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

yes it would be an abomination and here is why you shouldn't f with mother nature the so called killer bees rampaging through the americas was an experiment to make a bee that produced lots of honey like european bees and where hardy like african honey bees instead you had a bee that had an extremely aggressive nature.
if monsanto did kill off nee colonies for the purpose of replacing with frranken bees then all there assets should be seized and be distributed to all the bee keepers who lost volonies and akk the farmers who lost crops because they had no bees to pollinate the crops. all there research should be seized for scientific purposes

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

There was speculation that Marijuana became illegal in the first place because DuPont and the Hearst corporation didn't want the competition with hemp (especially versus synthetic fabrics). The pulp mill industries were also concerned because hemp paper is cheaper to produce than lumber based paper.

That makes no sense, why wouldn't places like Hearst and DuPont just grow hemp? If anything they would want hemp legalized because that would mean a lower overhead for their business.

I think if anything -- my quip about the War on Drugs is the MOST pertinent to why many problems are so persistent and never solved.

I think that you just added it in for no real reason.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF

There was speculation that Marijuana became illegal in the first place because DuPont and the Hearst corporation didn't want the competition with hemp (especially versus synthetic fabrics). The pulp mill industries were also concerned because hemp paper is cheaper to produce than lumber based paper.

That makes no sense, why wouldn't places like Hearst and DuPont just grow hemp? If anything they would want hemp legalized because that would mean a lower overhead for their business.

I think if anything -- my quip about the War on Drugs is the MOST pertinent to why many problems are so persistent and never solved.

If you are interested, you can just Google "Hearst Dupont hemp" -- or you can claim that it's nonsense because DuPont or Hearst could grow Hemp. The think you don't understand about Big Capitalists is they don't want competition. If you won the plastics market, or you have pulp mills -- you don't want a fiber that anyone can grow in a field in 6 months with little preparation.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
duplicate
edit on 5-2-2012 by VitriolAndAngst because: my MacBook Pro's touchpad is possessed when I don't use a mouse.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

That makes no sense, why wouldn't places like Hearst and DuPont just grow hemp? If anything they would want hemp legalized because that would mean a lower overhead for their business.[/quot]

Because they were chemical firms, not agricultural firms, and on of them had just invented Nylon for which hemp was a natural competitor.

They had a monopoly on synthetic fibres - a patent on nylon - anyone at all could grow hemp.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Bees are not native to the US.

That is why there are European honeybees and African honeybees but no American honeybees.

So a gentically modified honeybee is no more an abomination then an imported one.

edit on 1-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

You make the mistake of mixing bee with honeybee. Whilst the jury may be out on the existence of an American honeybee before the arrival of the Europeans, the continent certainly had bees.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

If you are interested, you can just Google "Hearst Dupont hemp" -- or you can claim that it's nonsense because DuPont or Hearst could grow Hemp.

They could grow hemp...

The think you don't understand

The think i don't understand?

about Big Capitalists is they don't want competition. If you won the plastics market, or you have pulp mills -- you don't want a fiber that anyone can grow in a field in 6 months with little preparation.

People are not going to run out and buy up properties to grow hemp, maybe in marijuana induced fantasy land that happens but in the real world it would not.
www.greenfieldpaper.com...
You can buy the paper if you want

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join