It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

civil war in Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Today in the UK Guradian it says that the situation in Iraq is feeling more and more like a civil war.

What do you think?

Does the US really have any control over the country?

I have been thinking more and more than they have not and the evidence just keep building up to prove that. there are now several attacks a day not only on coalition troops but manily on civilians who are unemployed and just want to earn money by joining the police, army etc. Why are these people not given the same protection as US & coalition troops??? When you see this police officers turn up at a terrorist attack they are quite often wearing just blue shirts and occasionally a simple flak jacket. they should be given the same full body armour as the troops as their job is in fact more dangerous because the troops tend to stay in their safe zone and very rarely go out on patrol!!!

Do you think that the US anticipated this situation and they will be able to bring it under control again???

I don't, I really think that they are in deeper than they originally anticipated, I think that bush thought that they would just go oh thank you so much mr bush for freeing us from that nasty mr saddam, we forgive your country for the daily bombing over the last 12 years that have killed our children, wives and husbands. and we don't blame you for withholding medical supplies to our 500,000 babies who died as a result of your sanctions against us.

what do you think, i'd be interested to hear.

if you want to read the full story here is the link....

www.guardian.co.uk...

new topics

join