It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fred Thompson sites NY TIMES-Drudge in Romney's back pocket ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I noticed this Monday or Tuesday of last week and was going to bring it to the attention of my fellow ATS thinkers/researchers.
When the debates started Matt Drudge did a pretty good coverage of Ron Paul articles and so I down loaded his app to my phone. He always seemed to give a broad spectrum of views and stories regarding all candidates. At work when I have a second I can just break out my phone and I go from Drudge report to ATS and it satisfies my curiousity. However around Monday or Tuesday I stared noticing it had been a few days if not a week and NOTHING about Paul. I started to and wanted to post a general question "anybody else seeing this?" But the phone at work started blowing up and all thoughts of it slipped away. I forgot about it until this morning, and I read this in Politico's website. And it all added up and it makes sense. I used to love the NY Times and then I saw they like many and now I include Drudge in this, have an agenda. Here is what Thompson said posted on Politico.com

Thompson said that a story in Sunday's New York Times depicts "Romney's staff ... patting themselves on the back, talking about how mean and down they are. How they've got Matt Drudge in their back pocket. And how Romney is in on all of it."

For months, Drudge has been running a steady stream of pro-Romney and anti-Gingrich stories on his website, Drudge Report.

This is the NY TIMES article
Romney Article in Sunday's NY TIMES.
If you read the article all it really says is that Romney's Campaign Manager Mr Rhoads and Drudge have close ties az Mr. Rhoads has close ties to many conservative bloggers and such.
I don't know if Thompson reads between the lines or just knows what's going on behind scenes. Regardless I feel like Matt Drudge for some reason has dropped all coverage of Paul and this is it. Does back pocket mean money? Maybe if Romney wins Drudge has more back stage passes so to speak.
Here is the Politico article
Politico Article
I can understand Drudge having a candidate he supports but to allow it into his reporting is unprofessional and verges on the fringes of propaganda. It seems he has joined the media blackout. Not giving everyone all the info to make sound decisions for themselves is a symptom of elitism and anti-democratic and is a slippery slope for tyranny. I am uninstalling his app as a protest and emailing him regarding this. If he responds I will post.
What do you all think?
PS Searched ATS did not find anything recent regarding Thompson or Drudge. If not the case my apologies.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Fred Thompson is the of the few politicians I have real respect for and I would take him at his word. Fred tends to know a lot about what is going on behind the scenes.

It also is appearing ever more obvious that Drudge is openly pro-Romney and anti-Gingrich. I used to have a lot of respect for Drudge as well...but that is beginning to wear thin.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Drudge has been subtly displaying favortism toward Romney since the primaries began in my opinion. So I agree with Thompson & would even suggest that Drudge's favortism is becoming less and less subtle. Despite that I have no complaint to charge against Matt Drudge. Bashing Newt out of the repub. primary is not necessarily a bad thing. Granted I don't care for Mitt Romney's politics, but that is business related. As for Newt I think he was born in the wrong era and missed his calling to be an Inquisitor or extremist imam.

join