It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the GOP gave Ron Paul the Pink Slip?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Well thats exactly what Jack (the retired CEO of General Electric) and Suzy Welch suggest should happen to Ron Paul. With the caveat that he will have to be offered a good position.

Now, the GOP isn’t technically going to “fire” Dr. Paul. But look, even Ron Paul knows he’s not going to unpack his suitcases in the Lincoln Bedroom. At some point, his wildly entertaining, Don Quixote-like campaign for the White House is going to run out of time.

And then?

And then, GOP, watch out! Sure, it appears Paul is unlikely to mount a third-party campaign — he’s said so himself. But he’s also unlikely to spend the next few months out on the stump for the nominee, or even in dutiful silence. In fact, you can easily imagine Paul as an outspoken TV commentator from now until November, basically running without running just to keep his ideas in the mix.

But Paul is not really the GOP’s problem. It’s his followers, perhaps as much as 15 percent of the general electorate, many of them young, vocal and highly energized. Like Paul himself, they’re not exactly party regulars. No, Paul and his followers promise to be a lot like that fired employee who, if “handled” incorrectly at farewell, will make it his life’s work to, if not bring your organization down, at least show you how very wrong you were to cut the cord.

The Republican Party would be flat-out careless to let that happen. Dr. Paul’s exit isn’t exactly going to be unexpected. Plus, the GOP leadership has an excellent example of how to correctly part ways right under its nose — in President Obama’s masterful handling in 2008 of Hillary Clinton

Video:
www.reuters.com...

blogs.reuters.com...

Is it me or do they dont understand what is going on here?
RP is not in politics for the sake of being a politician, or relishing in power.
He doesn't want just a voice in the party, he wants things to actually change
before thing get worse. Real change.

What do you think, would should he take the offer or go third party?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
lets have a look at welches' company that he ran....

GE spent more than $31 million in 2001 and 2002 lobbying lawmakers; in 2000 it spent $16 million. Reigning CEO Jack Welch had enormous influence and was consistently ranked CEO of the Year by the slavish business press; he was major Republican donor as well. GE director Sam Nunn was senator for Georgia for 27 years, and also sits on the boards of ChevronTexaco. GE’s Senior Vice President and General Counsel and Secretary, Benjamin W. Heineman, used to work for the US government’s Department of Health, Education and Welfare. General Electric's defense sector gave $221,200 to political campaigns in the 2004 election cycle, with 50 percent going to Democrats and 50 percent to Republicans.

(August 1st, 2001): "GE has a lengthy record of criminal, civil, political and ethical transgressions, some of them shocking in disregard for the integrity of human beings.

General Electric is a war profiteer, and has committed acts of negligence and lapses of ethics that amount to human rights violations throughout its history. See our other Criticism headings for more on these. General Electric is part of the National Foreign Trade Alliance, a group of corporate concerns which brought suit against the state of Massachusetts for a 'selective purchasing' law that prevented state agencies from doing business in Burma. Source: National Foreign Trade Council GE is among 30 companies that rejected Human Rights Watch's humanitarian appeal to forego any future production of antipersonnel mine components. Source: Human Rights Watch

GE Political Contributions (1990-2002): $8,843,884 GE Contracts Received in Iraq & Afghanistan (2002-2004): $8,525,498

i could go on all day know more

of course he will suggest ron paul steps down, they spend million to keep people like RP out of the whitehouse. so they can further their own agenda.
edit on 29-1-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I wouldn't listen to anything these clowns say about Ron Paul. They apparently don't know anything about him. He will not be selling out for any positions. The GOP can not win without his supporters and they are finally coming to realize it, but his supporters will never back Newt or Mitt and neither will Ron Paul. The GOP would rather hand the election to Obama then get behind Paul.

The way Newt/Mitt can't secure the independent vote. They have zero chance against Obama, not a prayer, but the GOP is fine with that.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I wonder if Sarah Palin might be enough to push Ron Paul past the others. Stranger things have happened. With Sarah as a running mate, they could make it to the white house.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Sounds like daydreaming or wishful thinking at best. All these clowns are so full of themselves that they are totally incapable of realizing their small little world isn't the only world. They get together and convince each other that they are so special they are not like the rest of us. The ones that even admit that there is an us. Why is anyone even paying attention to and listening to their twisted demented thinking?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I'd be interested in knowing what policies his vice president will hold close to his heart. Ron Paul is old. so if he were to die of 'natural causes' the vice would have free reign

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
As I have revealed many times before on ATS, I have been a longtime Ron Paul supporter, going back to his Libertarian Party campaigns.

Ron Paul has been there, done that, third party quest for the White house before, I really don’t think that he will choose that path again.

What we are witnessing in this Presidential Election run-up is the blatant “Taking a dive” by the GOP once again.

Obama has been given the “Nod” to a second term by the controllers, and since we have a one party system, with two heads, the GOP will not allow a candidate to be nominated who could actually win an election. The MSM is going to continue to report that Mitt Romney is the front runner, Romney is the “chosen one” to receive the nomination. So, TPTB will have a Win-Win situation come Election day. Romney is no more than a White Obama.

Since Obama is the laziest President this Nation has ever seen, the Nation will be much better off with Obama’s second term than a Romney first term.

An Obama second term , the President will be on Vacation 90% of the time, and that my friend is a good thing.

Sarah Palin as a running mate would destroy any chance that Ron Paul might have.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel007
I wonder if Sarah Palin might be enough to push Ron Paul past the others. Stranger things have happened. With Sarah as a running mate, they could make it to the white house.

Even suggesting such a thing, tells me you do not know or understand Ron Paul yourself.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown

Obama has been given the “Nod” to a second term by the controllers, and since we have a one party system, with two heads, the GOP will not allow a candidate to be nominated who could actually win an election. The MSM is going to continue to report that Mitt Romney is the front runner, Romney is the “chosen one” to receive the nomination. So, TPTB will have a Win-Win situation come Election day. Romney is no more than a White Obama.

How do you interpret the following:

Obama hosts George H.W. and Jeb Bush at White House

Unbeknownst to the press, President Obama met Friday evening with former president George H.W. Bush and his son, former Florida governor Jeb Bush, in the Oval Office.

White House officials did not list the meeting on the president's schedule but released a photo on Flickr. According to the photo's time stamp, the meeting occurred shortly after 5 p.m., about the time the president returned to the White House from a fundraiser.

When asked what the men discussed and why it wasn't on the schedule, the White House released a statement saying, “The three men enjoyed a personal visit in the Oval Office – as they have done on previous occasions when President Bush is Washington.”

The Bushes are in town to attend the exclusive Alfalfa Club dinner Saturday, an annual get-together for Washington power brokers that Obama also is scheduled to attend, according to the Associated Press.

The meeting came at an interesting time politically, just one day after Obama, in an interview with ABC News, blamed predecessor George W. Bush for policies that brought on the greatest recession since the Great Depression. He also blamed him for initiating the expansion of food stamp rolls.

Jeb Bush has also played a critical role in the GOP presidential primary contest in Florida -- primarily by saying he wouldn't play a role. His endorsement would have been key in the race, currently neck and neck between Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich, but Jeb Bush said last week that he would remain neutral.

top topics

join