It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis, the evidence, a Timewatch special.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

If that is to extreme for you could say that word Pelagos usually means the sea but one guy used it to mean 'flooded plain'. The guy who used it wasn't Plato

the guy was herodotus and he was specifically talking about the lake in the homeland of the chorasmians who are the people of yima.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by margaretr
I began to watch this when it was originally screened a while ago.

As soon as the focus was centred on the Mediterranean I switched off.

This Med version is the usual hype dished up by people who cannot comprehend the concept that a pole reversal rearranges continental land masses.

Nice theory but unfortunately very little evidence anywhere in the world for this type of pole reversal (geological). If this occurred on our planet, we would be able to read in rock strata, etc. Unfortunately, the only evidence that we have for this (for example, that gathered under microscopic examination of rock strata) shows that this process happens over many millions of years and were it to happen now, our species would be long dust by the time it finished. In other words, the evidence found shows we would not even realise it was happening as it is so slow.

How about this then?
www.physorg.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You put up a link to a site that didn't show what you wanted it to and failed to explain how to get to said information

Pelagos has three main meanings, the last and least is 'flooded plain' that was used by who Parta? Did Plato use it? Please show why Plato meant that when referring to the Atlantic ocean?

did plato use it? were you there? to plato okeanos potamos was a lake and the pillars of hercules and gades were on it. was he talking about a flooded plain? the story has the plain flooding doesn't it? the sea was navigatable then it wasn't. sounds like the plain came back.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parta

If that is to extreme for you could say that word Pelagos usually means the sea but one guy used it to mean 'flooded plain'. The guy who used it wasn't Plato

the guy was herodotus and he was specifically talking about the lake in the homeland of the chorasmians who are the people of yima.

Yep not Plato and not in T & C

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

yes. your judement is the end. the world can stop now. but pelagos still means flooded plain just as much as anything else. you were wrong.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

You put up a link to a site that didn't show what you wanted it to and failed to explain how to get to said information

Pelagos has three main meanings, the last and least is 'flooded plain' that was used by who Parta? Did Plato use it? Please show why Plato meant that when referring to the Atlantic ocean?

did plato use it? were you there? to plato okeanos potamos was a lake and the pillars of hercules and gades were on it. was he talking about a flooded plain? the story has the plain flooding doesn't it? the sea was navigatable then it wasn't. sounds like the plain came back.

Nope, Nope neither were you - your point? No it wasn't - Island sinking actually

You really are trying to hard to make this story fit to your agenda; you can certainly beleive whatever you want but the problem is you want other people to believe it and your evidence is thin to say the least

The only way you are going to prove what you believe is to find Atlantis in Central Europe - good luck on that

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

yes. your judement is the end. the world can stop now. but pelagos still means flooded plain just as much as anything else. you were wrong.

Sorry Parta this is your problem you not interested in Atlantis you are interested in attacking someone.

Go and slowly read the dictioanry entries. One person, one time used the term Pelagos as you want it, all other uses are as the Sea or a great quality. I'm not saying that the Greeks are. Please live with it

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Nope, Nope neither were you - your point? No it wasn't - Island sinking actually

You really are trying to hard to make this story fit to your agenda; you can certainly beleive whatever you want but the problem is you want other people to believe it and your evidence is thin to say the least

The only way you are going to prove what you believe is to find Atlantis in Central Europe - good luck on that

you do go on so when you're wrong, ill-informed and dishonest. do you go on less if you are just one of those three?

do you want to see the pictures? google maps and soil maps? for a on the ground expert you need to talk to the national geological institute of romania because its 100% in romania. are you ready to do that? i can direct you to the man. he speaks romanian and french.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Sorry Parta this is your problem you not interested in Atlantis you are interested in attacking someone.

Go and slowly read the dictioanry entries. One person, one time used the term Pelagos as you want it, all other uses are as the Sea or a great quality. I'm not saying that the Greeks are. Please live with it

one person who is the most famous and one location that is yimas homeland. that is the point here. the story of atlantis is the story of yima as i said waaaay back. plato copied it so if we have found something in the middle danube that exactly matches what zoroaster said then we have found what we were always looking for in the first place.... the varas of yima. if someone wants to note the similarities to atlantis then thats their choice. its fun and irrestible.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

you do go on so when you're wrong, ill-informed and dishonest. do you go on less if you are just one of those three?

Sorry my friend but the terms refer to you. I'm not trying to twist the meanings of a story written by a Greek guy 2500 years ago into equaling an actual civilization in central Europe - you are. I suggest that you go find it - nothing else will vindicate you.

do you want to see the pictures? google maps and soil maps? for a on the ground expert you need to talk to the national geological institute of romania because its 100% in romania. are you ready to do that? i can direct you to the man. he speaks romanian and french.

We've already been here and done that Parta. Really so is the Geological Insitute of Romania officially backing that Atlantis is in Central Europe or is Mircea Ticleanou, just from there? Remember you showed us all his stuff from 2008 and I guess he repeated it in 2011?

With four years a moderately non inept archaeologist could find a civilization of that size in central Europe but as he's more of a geologist (is he?) he should be able to prove a geological disaster sinking a 525 x 350 kilometer island into a lake....

Also look up this name: Jadani what does it stand for?
edit on 30/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Sorry my friend but the terms refer to you. I'm not trying to twist the meanings of a story written by a Greek guy 2500 years ago into equaling an actual civilization in central Europe - you are. I suggest that you go find it - nothing else will vindicate you.

what twist? what else is on a map of platos world but europe and africa and asia? you have to go on the flight of fancy to put it anywhere else. the artifacts [that you and noone else knew existed] say there is a connection between atlantis and egypt as there should be for platos story to have some credibility. there are structures you won't look at.

We've already been here and done that Parta. Really so is the Geological Insitute of Romania officially backing that Atlantis is in Central Europe or is Mircea Ticleanou, just from there? Remember you showed us all his stuff from 2008 and I guess he repeated it in 2011?

With four years a moderately non inept archaeologist could find a civilization of that size in central Europe but as he's more of a geologist (is he?) he should be able to prove a geological disaster sinking a 525 x 350 kilometer island into a lake....

actually we have never seen the pictures have we hans. and the 2008 mircea was before we met. his 2011 presentation was quite different and he takes it on the road to things like sgem2011 where they gave him a featured lecture. its also part of the national geological institutes lecture series. i think they support him rather well.

he's a geologist and atlantis is a geologic thing. do you not expect huge remnant canals and the land between? that needs to be proven geologically. things like the date of the vara likewise are proven geologically. geologists are much more trustworthy i think.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well, at least I got to see it translated that way somewhere.

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Well, at least I got to see it translated that way somewhere.

Harte

and the great part is you'll get to see it come to life unless you are very old. is your heart gif beating as fast as it used to?
edit on 30-1-2012 by Parta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

I began to watch this when it was originally screened a while ago.

As soon as the focus was centred on the Mediterranean I switched off.

This Med version is the usual hype dished up by people who cannot comprehend the concept that a pole reversal rearranges continental land masses.

Nice theory but unfortunately very little evidence anywhere in the world for this type of pole reversal (geological). If this occurred on our planet, we would be able to read in rock strata, etc. Unfortunately, the only evidence that we have for this (for example, that gathered under microscopic examination of rock strata) shows that this process happens over many millions of years and were it to happen now, our species would be long dust by the time it finished. In other words, the evidence found shows we would not even realise it was happening as it is so slow.

How about this then?
www.physorg.com...

Your link refers to a magnetic pole flip, not a physical one.

harte

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

what twist? what else is on a map of platos world but europe and africa and asia? you have to go on the flight of fancy to put it anywhere else. the artifacts [that you and noone else knew existed] say there is a connection between atlantis and egypt as there should be for platos story to have some credibility. there are structures you won't look at.

Didn't look up what Jadani was the name of did you? You might want to do that before making any more false accusations. Correction you think there is a connection between 'Atlantis and Egypt.....if you haven't shown me the structures how could I or anyone else 'look' at them. If they are significant why hasn't 'Atlantis' been found?

What is this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Note the date, who posted it and what it contains

Again note the date, who posted and what it contains

actually we have never seen the pictures have we hans. and the 2008 mircea was before we met

We both started on this board in 2007. I saw his 2008 presentation

his 2011 presentation was quite different and he takes it on the road to things like sgem2011 where they gave him a featured lecture. its also part of the national geological institutes lecture series. i think they support him rather well.

No the question was have they stated that the Geological Instiute supports and ratifies HIS opinion, or he simply presenting his own ideas, there is a difference. If he has a new presentation that's just great - is there some reason you haven't link to it before?

he's a geologist and atlantis is a geologic thing. do you not expect huge remnant canals and the land between? that needs to be proven geologically. things like the date of the vara likewise are proven geologically. geologists are much more trustworthy i think.

Geological and archaeological given the size of the Atlantis in the story its an island 530 x 350 kilometers with mountains, he shouldn't have had any difficulty identifying it and the geological 'event' that destroyed it - but the question is why is HE discovering it and not people before him?
edit on 30/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Didn't look up what Jadani was the name of did you? You might want to do that before making any more false accusations. Correction you think there is a connection between 'Atlantis and Egypt.....if you haven't shown me the structures how could I or anyone else 'look' at them. If they are significant why hasn't 'Atlantis' been found?

What is this?

Note the date, who posted it and what it contains

Again note the date, who posted and what it contains

where is the feed you saw on iarcuri? that is me talking about it looooong before anthony harding had ever heard of it. that was me dating is exactly accurately many years before it was actually published.

i was there 6 months after the revolution. the romanian government at the time went and dug it a bit and then published what has been called a pack of lies by the current romanians. its also zsadany, mesozsadany, schaden.

no source for the sea in the middle danube? can't find one can you. look to lavalin snc. they did the work for the hague.

this much dishonesty has worked for you in the past has it?

No the question was have they stated that the Geological Instiute supports and ratifies HIS opinion, or he simply presenting his own ideas, there is a difference. If he has a new presentation that's just great - is there some reason you haven't link to it before?

Geological and archaeological given the size of the Atlantis in the story its an island 530 x 350 kilometers with mountains, he shouldn't have had any difficulty identifying it and the geological 'event' that destroyed it - but the question is why is HE discovering it and not people before him?

why don't you ask him yourself. i see young geologists learn his stuff. i see him representing to institute when he lectures on it at the institute. ask him what the official position of the president of the country is. i don't know. i imagine he would be happy but thats supposition

so you say you don't want to see the pictures because we've seen them again and again but now you are complaining that we've never seen the pictures. what is it that you think you are achieving? seems like a golden opportunity for you to say you see nothing and anybody that thinks they do is nutzo. oh well. i won't labour the point.

legally in 2008 mircea could not have shown the pictures etc because they had already been published. in 2011 that was not the case.

ps: any link to black topped pottery in europe?
edit on 31-1-2012 by Parta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

where is the feed you saw on iarcuri? that is me talking about it looooong before anthony harding had ever heard of it. that was me dating is exactly accurately many years before it was actually published.

tsk tsk Parta this was about your claim that you don't go over and over the same stuff - you have for 5 years. Thanks for admiting it. In the late 60s the name of Iarcuri was created - what was the name before?

no source for the sea in the middle danube? can't find one can you. look to lavalin snc. they did the work for the hague.

I'm not responding to your question I was pointing out that you have been posting over and over again the same stuff - you are pretty much a one trick pony

this much dishonesty has worked for you in the past has it?

And that ends our discussion Parta. You seem obsessed with attacking me , very creepy

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

And that ends our discussion Parta. You seem obsessed with attacking me , very creepy

wow. you don't even know whats creepy. you said you didn't learn about iarcuri from me and you did. you said you knew there was a sea in the middle danube and you didn't learn it from me but you did. you said everyone knows about black topped pottery in europe and noone does. thats just lately. i think statistics prove that everyone should believe exactly the opposite of what you say in general.

you say i posted pictures of atlantis again and again and i did not and you knew it. anyone that reads the terms of this site and holds a copyright would remember if they posted here.

oh ps

iarcuri was originally on the estate of count mercy, the first governor of banat after the turks were evicted. he grew mulberry bushes on it and made silk. when he died it passed to a nephew in italy and he sold it to a baker who's family kept it until the communists took it.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Parta because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join