It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill which would require drug testing welfare recipients pulled after amended to include legislators

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yeah, I'm a fellow Aussie (SE Melbourne). My problem is my disability, which does limit what I can do in some ways, I just wasn't expecting the level of prejudice towards the disabled. I just want some simple factory work, that allows me to work for around 4 hrs a day, or some form of home based employment so I can work around my body issues in my own time. I did study engineering at Uni, but never completed it as I went on a quest for love.... On reflection, that degree would have been the better choice future wise!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

I appreciate where your coming from mate, Im from Melb as well.

have you ever considered something IT based or Telemarketing? both can be done from home in your own time choosing how much or little you wanna do.

If your keen U2U me, I may be able to help.

Sorry to anyone out there who is genuinely looking for work and unable to find anything, my comments were exclusively about people who are content to spend the rest of their lives unemployed.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Now dont get me wrong I abuse the occasional substance myself but the big difference here is I pay for it with money I earn myself

In my opinion people on welfare and lawmakers who get caught using drugs should be cut off and have mandatory jail sentences imposed on them

What if I'm unemployed and genuinly looking for work and when I visit my mate who works and he gives me a toke on a spliff ? That would cause me to fail the test. Should I be locked up??
edit on 30-1-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Yes. 1 toke is a complete waste! Finish that doobie proper!

@IKnowStuff
Also, I tried phone sales from home. After 2 days, I crunched the numbers and it worked out to about $2 an hour. I felt more shame doing it!

But yeah, I'd be interested in any IT work I could do from home (I dont have any formal IT training though, but can build PC's no worries, sort most day-to-day problems/errors etc). If you hear about something a PM would be awesome! Cheers man!

edit on 30-1-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Hmmmmmm..... bit of a grey area that one.

I would have to sy yes though due to the fact if we let you off everyone would use it as their defence when busted.

If on government benefits no drug use period!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join