It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I looked at my cash and realized a few things just now...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I like the way you think. You are, truly, living your beliefs.

I appreciate that you took the time to come here and post your experiences. You are making a difference, just by being who you are.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I am not a big fan of blaming money for the world's problems when I can clearly see it is a matter of our hearts, not any material paper or currency. I try to see the root causes, not focus on symptoms. I try to focus on solutions, not complain about problems. This is the state of mind behind my replies to this thread.

Following your posts, I see you keep pointing out materialism and ego as the root of the problem. But, you seem to be forgetting that the only way materialism and ego can exist is in the vehicle of humanity.

The question is, then, what is the solution to the current mindset of humanity?

I agree with you: love, kindness, service to others.

I also submit that we need to realize that most people are resistant to these gifts, simply because they have been trained to be. We can't expect other people to magically be grateful or appreciative or happy simply because we think they should be. That defeats the purpose of doing good without recompense.

Things cannot change until, together, we change things.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Big edit, exercising humility. I had originally posted a response to a couple of your earlier posts on this thread. I read more of your posts and see that there is very similar ideas between us and I do not want to be overbearing.

Money is the representation of value for a thing or the production value of a human being. Yes, in this current state of affairs, money is the bad thing it is, but the people behind it are far worse!

edit on 31-1-2012 by EarthChilde because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Money is a weapon of domination and a tool of control and thats why the top 500 richest americans hold more wealth than the bottom 150 million Do and that actually makes me feel sick just thinking about it and their greedy mind games that they play with our lives is wearing a lot of us dowm and tearing a lot of us apart and the way they force the vast amjority of us to live cannot and will not go on forever...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join