It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow on mars - NASA sleigh ride!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by consciousgod
You made an observation. You saw blue sky in a photo. Congrats on opening your eyes.
In fact, it was more than one, and it's easy to make RGB composites from the Rovers' photos that show a blue sky.

Yes oxygen is less abundant, but it is plentiful enough.
And is the combination of hydrogen and oxygen something easy to happen?

Liquid water has not been found yet on Mars. Funny......they said the same thing about the moon and the entire time, water existed in such large quantities that they now say there is more water on the moon than the earth.
Is there liquid water on the Moon? And who said that there is more water on the Moon than on the Earth? Any links/references? Thanks in advance.

And you trust Nasa?
Not blindly, but I also don't trust anyone that says the opposite without presenting some evidences.

One would not think of water in the Sahara, but dig and you will find.
Are you sure?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

You made an observation. You saw blue sky in a photo. Congrats on opening your eyes.
In fact, it was more than one, and it's easy to make RGB composites from the Rovers' photos that show a blue sky.

And is the combination of hydrogen and oxygen something easy to happen?

Liquid water has not been found yet on Mars. Funny......they said the same thing about the moon and the entire time, water existed in such large quantities that they now say there is more water on the moon than the earth.
Is there liquid water on the Moon? And who said that there is more water on the Moon than on the Earth? Any links/references? Thanks in advance.

And you trust Nasa?
Not blindly, but I also don't trust anyone that says the opposite without presenting some evidences.

One would not think of water in the Sahara, but dig and you will find.
Are you sure?

A hydrogen proton is a charged particle. (+). The oxygen protons are negative (2-) These particles attract each other. Given enough time these ions can form water.
apod.nasa.gov...

I read that Nasa claimed more water on the moon than earth. Can't find it now but here is one that states there is as much in the mantle as on the moon.
www.physorg.com...

I do not blindly believe either.

Regarding the Sahara having water below the surface. All sedimentary basins hold water, fresh to salty. Igneous and metamorphic rocks do also in their fractures. The water is still there.
www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
They have found plenty of water ice on surface as well as glaciers.

Yes, they have found water ice, but, as far as I know, not that much on the surface. As for the glaciers, I don't remember seeing any water ice glacier on Mars.

The atmosphere on Mars is too thin to allow water to be in a liquid state on the surface. It's either a gas or a solid depending on temperature. Liquid water should be in the subsurface where pressure is great enough for water to exist as a liquid.
edit on 23-1-2012 by consciousgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

A hydrogen proton is a charged particle. (+). The oxygen protons are negative (2-) These particles attract each other. Given enough time these ions can form water.
But did they had enough time? That's the question, I guess.

I read that Nasa claimed more water on the moon than earth. Can't find it now but here is one that states there is as much in the mantle as on the moon.
www.physorg.com...
The volume of the oceans is a little more than 1% of the Moon's volume (if I didn't make any mistake in my calculations
), so I find it hard for the Moon to have more water than the Earth. What that article says is that it looks like the interior of the Moon has the same concentrations of water (and other things) as the Earth's mantle, or so it looks to me.

Regarding the Sahara having water below the surface. All sedimentary basins hold water, fresh to salty. Igneous and metamorphic rocks do also in their fractures. The water is still there.
www.newscientist.com...
I know, but you can be unlucky and never find it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The atmosphere on Mars is too thin to allow water to be in a liquid state on the surface. It's either a gas or a solid depending on temperature.
Yes, and even in solid or gas for, it isn't that common on the surface.

Liquid water should be in the subsurface where pressure is great enough for water to exist as a liquid.
Or maybe in the lowest lands, I saw once a chart showing that the pressure is much higher on the lower lands, so maybe some salty water remains on those areas.

Another possibility is the holes that apparently lead to underground lava tunnels or chambers.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

water, forests, trees, lakes, blue sky...... it all be there on Mars.
I doubt it, as I haven't seen any signs of liquid water, forests, trees or lakes, although I have seen blue skies in some photos.

don't believe those that say otherwise.
Why, just because you say so?

Since hydrogen exists everywhere. Water must as well.
Aren't you forgetting Oxygen? Oxygen is not as common as hydrogen.

And the problem is not the existence of water, it's the existence of water in the liquid state.

Oh, yeah, can't say there is water on mars yet.
But NASA and ESA (at least) already said that there is water on Mars, liquid water is what hasn't been found yet.

www.sciencemag.org...

www.agu.org...

www.obspm.fr...

This one is even more interesting. O^16 ratios indicate the Mars and Earth did not form from the same nebula as the Sun. This goes against the current model of the solar system where the sun and planets form from the same nebula. physicsworld.com...

I think this is a wrong conclusion. We don't yet understand the isotope ratios. There could be a method to sorting them to get different ratios. Or the solar model is wrong, or something else.

Liquid water has not been found yet on Mars. Funny......they said the same thing about the moon and the entire time, water existed in such large quantities that they now say there is more water on the moon than the earth. And you trust Nasa?

One would not think of water in the Sahara, but dig and you will find. We are three for three.

can you show evidence where they believe there is more water on the moon then there is on earth, because im positive that 70% of our planet is what is some state, and im pretty sure that the moon is A LOT smaller then earth is

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join