It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

double star systems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
According to Channel KRYON, Earth has been very well hidden from most of the space community because it is in a stable single sun system. He claims most intelligent life in the galaxy revolves around double star systems. I understand SETI spends most of its time checking out single systems, when maybe they should start peeking @ doubles once in a while.
KRYON is channeled by Lee Carrol, and is known as the Magnatic Master, or the enity responsible for setting up Earths magnetic field. He has many books out, and his web site I think is www.kryon.com

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
well why do you think that double star systems have more intelligent life?.. personally i think it would have less because double the sun, meaning less chance for life in some means

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bongobob
well why do you think that double star systems have more intelligent life?.. personally i think it would have less because double the sun, meaning less chance for life in some means

That would depend on the position of the planet relative to the two suns IMO.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well I would say that double star systems would produce faster high tech species. Why? Well in a double star system with two different species evolving at close, but different suns, would certainly detect each other faster than species, that live millions of miles from the closest star with other life.

One could speculate that in a double star, double species system that they would advance their tech faster after learning of each others existence in order to meet for real.

In other words if we knew for a fact that other intelligent life existed in the universe we would become highly motivated to become space fairing to insure we were keeping up with the celestial Jones's.

Species that learn about other species would be the first to becoming space fairing races. We currently do not have any motivating factors beyound "Exploration" to get us to spend money on space propulsion which is the main technowlogy slowing our reach into space.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
having two stars doesnt relativaly mean that there will be two species.. a double star system is when 2 stars orbit each other.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
if u have two stars, the hospitable zone will still occur (hopefully), just further out, and it will end, just further out.

it might end up being less probable for life because as weve seen, we're one in *a lot* so far, and everything for us is pretty smooth. having two stars wud easily create gravitational dips, irregular orbits, greater winds/flares/storms/UV/etc. again, this wud seem to be solved by having a planet further out, but not perfectly.

in a huge, harsh universe such as the one weve got, every little bit counts. a little more difficulty cud throw the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by candy1111

Lee Carrol, Magnatic Master, or the enity responsible for setting up Earths magnetic field. www.kryon.com

Come again? the entity responsible for setting up earth's magnetic field? Just uhh how did he do that?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aether

Originally posted by candy1111

Lee Carrol, Magnatic Master, or the enity responsible for setting up Earths magnetic field. www.kryon.com

Come again? the entity responsible for setting up earth's magnetic field? Just uhh how did he do that?

um, i took a look at the site, and as far as i can tell, its a nice collection of new age religious fanaticism. the opening page wud be enuf to turn me off. anyway, im guessing the dude created the field and is now channelling stuff through some earthly being to write books. or something like that.

it hurts me when i see a really nicely done website, for something that really doesnt, imho, deserve it.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I understand SETI spends most of its time checking out single systems, when maybe they should start peeking @ doubles once in a while.

I thought SETI was searching sky segments, not specific star systems.

top topics

join