It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesian children make perilous journey to school over collapsed bridge!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Yes but it falls on the parents to raise their kids and keep them healthy.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Ah I'm a mason also. I wish I could afford to go help them. But as it is I can barely help myself at the moment. Ii bums me out I used to help out as much as I could now I can't volunteer money but I can volunteer my time and craft.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Who is up to send 50 bucks over and get these guys a new bridge? That us about all it would take. It is a shame that somoene has not donated already and also a shame to the parents that did not just let them stay home.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

You Sir have a big heart as well as I.

bless you, and when our chance comes we will man!

Much love brother, mason to mason!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Right on brother!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I was thinking how ironic, not at the kids risking thier lives for an education that I give a
, but here in the states kids get ticked off at riding the bus. Like maw always said if the shoe was on the other foot.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartan1776

if you can GARUANTEE me that this will happen to that particular bridge and send me pictures of it actually being done, give me the address and I will donate $25, anyone else for the other half.??

I'm being serious, something tells me to give right now.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
wow and I thought my grandparents had it bad walking 50 miles to school with no boots on in the middle of winter.

You have a good sense of humour.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Attention everyone, These kids are from a poor country. They, however, aren't retarded. They can fix the bridge on their own, without your or the USA's help.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I know we all did some really crazy stuff as kids that we now look back on like did I really do that? I used to race a train on my way home (we walked down the tracks usually) and a couple of times I beat the train and ran right in front of it just to get a laugh outta my friends to show them I could beat it

Obviously, this was no high speed train I raced and it was pretty slow, but the fact that I had a point to prove to everyone was silly enough. This situation however, is just simply ridiculous and unfortunate. I certainly hope this is not something that the parents were aware of prior, because I don't care what country you're from, I don't believe any parent would allow their children to cross this bridge.

After all, it "ain't" a matter of life or death.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD
reply to post by Spartan1776

if you can GARUANTEE me that this will happen to that particular bridge and send me pictures of it actually being done, give me the address and I will donate $25, anyone else for the other half.??

I'm being serious, something tells me to give right now.

Thanks

I'll follow up on this story to see what I can find out as far as progress goes to get this bridge repaired and maybe we can find a solution to donating financial assistance to assist in fixing this bridge for anyone interested. Or better yet, maybe one of you have an ideal or already know how we could accomplish this.

Like they say..."where there's a will, there's a way"

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I wouldn't be sending to school. And its so shocking. What on earth would be forcing these kids to do this, and why doesnt this world operate with common sense and a heart? So sad. And it doesnt speak well of all the authorities involved including the school officials.

Edit to add, guess the kids decided this one. Really bad choice.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join