It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bahai Faith

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

No dude. The only way to heaven is through Jesus the Messiah. By your definition anyone who doesn't even believe in Jesus can go to heaven if they have love and that is a lie and it is anti-christ.

They do not keep the laws and it is the laws that will judge them. Jesus does not give you a license to sin, if you love him you will keep his laws. It was his will for us to keep his laws so we do not degenerate into lawlessness but do not mistake his laws for the laws of Men. Christ's laws are the laws of God because he is God.

John 8:54-59

54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

59Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

To have the type of love Christ was preaching about you must obey the 2 greatest commandments

#1 Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your mind and all your strength.
[this first and greatest law involves the first 4 of the Ten Commandments or Decalogue]

#2 Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
[this second of the greatest comandments involves loving other people, both enemies, friends, neighbors etc., however many people often mistake this commandment to mean you must tolerate their idolatry and worship of other gods and this is false. This second greatest commandment involves the last 6 of the 10 commandments]

You cannot love the Lord your God if you worship other gods, or idols or break his commandments. Jesus didn't abolish the law, he fulfilled the price of eternal death we pay for accidentally breaking those laws, but we are to obey his commandments if we love him so that we do not degenerate into lawlessness. If you want to learn the type of Love Christ was talking about, it starts with the 10 commandments.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join