It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i take it we have no pride in the uk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
last night i started a post about the red arrows to open the olympics and no one has even repled so hear is the post
red arrows
its an online vote so please do your bit and show the world we are still the united kingdom!

peace

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by birdyat101

Yeah the Red Arrows are great BUT I for one don't give a poop about the Olympics and I don't know anyone around my neck of the woods who does....maybe thats why no one responded to your thread.
But seeing that you care I will vote for them to be there.

edit on 19-1-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I can't help but think the Olympics is a very good DISTRACTION event.

I will be looking at other news items when the Olympics is on.

Anyway not to worry, if we have not destroyed ourselves by 21st December then the Olympics will be a bullet sponge event for any terrorists that want some action !

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm with you on this. The money being put towards the olympic stadium and other "preparations" for the olympics could have been better spent elsewhere. Our country is already in a mess economically, and tax payers money is being wasted in my opinion.

At least that's how i see it, i don't get excited over money being spent.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
thank you for the kind words i just think the every one in the world will be watching so lets show them what the uk has to offer, even if you dont follow the olympics just be proud that we have been chosen for a big event
peace

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I love the Red Arrows but I couldnt give a sh1t for the Olympics.

IMHO, the Olympics should return to Greece, all countries of the world contribute to the cost of converting a Greek Island into one huge Olympic Arena plus infrastructure and then all future games be run there.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
I love the Red Arrows but I couldnt give a sh1t for the Olympics.

IMHO, the Olympics should return to Greece, all countries of the world contribute to the cost of converting a Greek Island into one huge Olympic Arena plus infrastructure and then all future games be run there.

then what about all the people that live there? make beds in the sand pits lol and if you like the red arrows please vote it would mean so much for the familys of the two that lost there lives living there dream

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by birdyat101

indeed sir, you've fallen low

i once posted a similar query concerning the downfall of the british
in the face of ever increasing tyranny

-sigh-
you london boys and girls used to have quite a reputation for setting the town on fire
whatever happened to "britons will never e'er be slaves"? i asked

was my reply, alas, the lad had apparently failed his A and O levels in history
[or perhaps he was a chav]

Oh! i see, acrobatic skydivers, so sorry my good man [or woman]
carry on then, what?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The Olympics are part of the bread and circuses used to stop people paying attention to the massive crimes our 'leaders' are involved in. This man was keen on Olympics.

It's widely thought the next Olympics will be the subject of a major False Flag attack. The lack of popularity with ATS members is apparent from the lack of response you got.

Yes we are the greatest nation in the known universe and having had two RAF jets fly overhead so low I could smell the exhaust I agree they are brilliant flyers. It isn't all good. I've known several children whose development was adversely affected by low flyovers. We used to run towards the kids and put our hands over their ears when we saw jets coming. You know how it is when you don't hear them coming then when they pass overhead the roar is incredible. Have you ever heard the strange 'vortex' type noise that sometimes comes a few seconds later?

When the 'new age travellers' used to live on Shaftesbury Drove, (try an image search), jets regularly flew the length of the drove well below the allowed altitude. I'm reliably informed an irate traveller once threw a hand axe at one, and hit it! That would have made for an interesting case if it had entered the engine. Would they have claimed he was a genetically modified super-traveller capable of throwing an axe to enormous heights? Or would they admit to the obvious harassment?

Try a thread on the False Flag threat at the Olympics and I guarantee an interested response.

A technical thread on the Red Arrows will also have more chance of success.

A combination of the two is clearly not a winner.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yeah, I always support the arrows, everytime they are in town. In fact it was in my town last year that the first crash occured.
My bf just finished working on the olympic village site down here on South coast, all of the new roads they have built caused chaos for ages and when the whole thing is over, chaos will return when they put all the roads back to the way they were before ( apparentley other countries can't handle roundabouts) What a waste of money.
I don't know anyone who is interested in the Olympics.
I think the Red Arrows know how this country feels about them.

Right, just spoke to himself and got it wrong about changing the roads back again , but point stil remains. Massive waste of cash.
edit on 19-1-2012 by daydoesez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I take great pride in being both British and English and thoroughly enjoy giving my support to all our representative teams and individuals.
However, I have no interest whatsoever in these Olympics which only serve to bolster the image of London and the surrounding areas and boost that regions finances and international profile.

It does absolutely nothing for any of the other regions or constituent parts of the UK
Millions are being spent on new facilities etc for London whilst the rest of the UK is dropping to pieces.

The whole exercise disgusts me.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This isnt a debate if it's right or wrong it's trying to get people to vote for the red arrows to fly at the olympics. You can't stop the Olympics there goIng to happen so you may aswell vote and be part of some thing that is going to make a very sad family great full that we stood behind them and showed are pride of what they died for! If you hate the olympics you hate it just vote and be happy you did something great

Peace

new topics

top topics

join