It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum may have won Iowa; Romney calls results ‘a virtual tie’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Right after the caucus when he apparently won by 8 votes, Romney declared himself the winner. Now losing by 34 he says he tied?

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 19-1-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I thought the SAME thing when I heard them talking about it on the radio today.

8 votes is a rousing victory, making Romney the clear front runner. 34 votes is a tie....making Romney the clear front runner.

Unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
this is not a shock - Romney has the 'backing' from the elites bankers - checkout:
www.opensecrets.org...

next 'chickenhawk' newt will implode - then gee wiz romneybus will jump into the """lead""".

think RONPAUL vote RONPAUL get bumper stickers for RONPAUl.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
To me it just appears the whole thing is a sham. Miscount of 5 votes or 10,000 votes in the end what difference does it make? Wrong is wrong either way.

It appears the vote count is corrupted either way so who knows who really won.

Jib I know who backs him, big money and special interests, this guy knows nothing of the middle class nor has any real interest in helping us.

edit on 19-1-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Romney said it himself... He is a business man...

But just look at what he has done, as a business man. I do not know the figures but I'm sure he has put more middle class workers out of work than into work. This guy is the sleazeball that if you see him visiting your plant it's time to start looking for a new job.

Who wants a business man like that running this country? Voting for Rob-ye is voting for the banks and corporations... not for the people...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
As long as the youth of the US get out and vote it won't matter..

..Ron Paul will be the next President.

The Republican race IS between Romney and Paul, When Obama starts his campaign people will look for the alternative, Romney is the same as Obama, he will continue the exact same policies.

So the ONLY alternative is Ron Paul.

The MSM don't have any dirt on Dr Paul so all they are left with is to pretend he's not there...
, while the dirt wars will continue to take the others out.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

But Republican officials told the paper that votes from eight precincts are missing and will never certified so the party is expected to render a "split decision." The Iowa Republican Party is expected to make the official announcement later this morning.

From the OP's source.

So let me get this straight. In a relatively small state with relatively low population, in a Republican Caucaus not a general election, in the 21st Century, and the Republican party cannot even manage to run that process competently?

And they seriously expect to have the reins of the country turned over to one of their designated clowns?

Give me a freaking break.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Not like they'd rig the election or anything? I would love to have Ron Paul as president. If caucuses showed us exactly how much chance there is of that. They lie, they cheat, they steal. Don't expect to beat the system with the system.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Unfortunately, the Iowa GOP is not known for being the "smart kids in class"!

They have been so worried around here that we would lose our first in the nation status So they wanted to make sure Romney won because that is who the establishment has chosen. But they tried so hard to rig the vote that they just made us all look like fools and we will most likely lose the first in the nation caucus all because the Iowa GOP is a bunch of numb-skulls!

They lost votes, misreported vote counts, didn't follow caucus procedures, showed up late to many of the voting precincts....I could go on and on.

top topics

join