It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is love? Baby, dont hurt me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This is my first thread on this website. I wanna say thanks for taking the time to check out what I have to say, and thanks in advance for your thoughts and responses.

What is love? Love is... No really, Love "IS". 'is', a form of the word 'being', meaning 'to be'. Do you know that there is no such thing as hate? Do you know that there is no such thing as fear? Absolutely everything that you and i experience in our lifetimes is love.

Nothing in creation can be accurately defined by anyone other than yourself, because it is in the eye of the beholder. YOU define your world. Not in the literal dictionary sense, but in the way your mind automatically draws feelings and emotions for that specific thing that you are "defining", or witnessing. Nobody can tell you exactly what you know, because there is no way of knowing without actually being you. Yes, it is possible to be on the money, very accurate in comparison, but at the closest it is 99.9999...% and not truly 100%. Mathematics can represent this visually with a graph. The algebraic exponential function shows one line with two ends, one end is infinitely approaching zero but mathematically NEVER reaches 0 and is thus always above 0 and a positive number. The other end does not need explained because it is the concept of approaching, but never getting there, that i want to convey. The other end reaches for positive infinity. Apply this to how perspective amongst people works. Nobody can feel what you feel identically, but they can come endlessly close.

With that said, i can safely say that there is nobody like me. Period. I do not even have to say, nobody like me 'anywhere'. Mathematics just proved it for me, numbers are infinite. Nothing can be accurately quantified because everything is infinite in itself. I am not straying off track here, stay with me. You are in this world, just as i am. I can not tell you exactly why, but i have my own thoughts. Deep down i see my life as a lesson. I believe that i am here for a reason. If i assume the perspective of thinking that i am on this earth for no reason at all, a negative feeling creeps up into my being, and the only voices that i can hear after that are the impulses that keep my body "alive"... eating, drinking, pee pee, poo poo etc. not much different than other creatures on this earth that society defines as an "animal". For me, i have lived this life before, and i prefer to live it differently because it does not please me. I cannot achieve true satisfaction with this belief.

So back to the positive perspective of things, which is assuming that i am here for a reason. This is important. Have you ever wondered what "faith" means, or why it is used by religions and spiritualists? In my mind's definition, faith is nothing more than the word 'is'. It is not the belief or lack of belief of anything... it is the act of setting your mind in stone on a particular thing. This act of setting your mind in stone can also be compared with another mathematical analogy, and again the graph of the exponential function which shows that one can never actually totally set their mind in stone, but can come infinitely close. Setting the mind to a place where it can not be changed easily is done through willpower. If the feeling is strong enough, meaningful enough, we store these things very close to our hearts, essentially we push them with our own willpower into our memories, and it is these memories that fire up when the feeling is questioned. The memories defend their reason for being there by reminding you that they are what you stored as your truth. This all ties together i promise...

So take a look at the ups and downs of a normal day. I am bound to encounter something that will make me feel negative, and when that moment comes i will have a choice... two of them in the most raw point of view. Do i end the negativity that was passed onto me and risk losing my peace of mind, or do i let it flow through me and transfer to the next person that i encounter with my now soured mood? I have found that i am more satisfied with ending the negativity. How you ask? I can do this because i have memories of pleasure and contentment. I can replay these memories and generate the feelings that i seek, while not as true as they were in the moment, they are positive and better than the negativity that i just encountered. I can re assure myself with enough proof to sent my mind in stone. But the big picture that helps the most, is the fact that i really do believe to be here for a reason, and really do believe that there is an answer to every question, and i really do believe that i will get there and so will you, it is inevitable.

In conclusion... everything you experience is to teach you a lesson. In my mind, a lesson brings closure because it brings truth. Truth is what the mind can understand and harmonize with, and store in a place where memory and willpower can not even influence them to possibly change it. Truth sits apart from everything, it sits with our true selves. So learning a lesson, painful or blissful, is a lesson, is a positive... it is love. Therefore... anything and everything i experience is for the best, not for the worst. It may feel bad or unpleasant in the moment, but feeling truth is unlike anything else and you know it when it hits you.. no pun intended. Everything is love just make it so.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Your mind begins closed, as a flower does... your willpower will allow you to open it, follow the light, follow the truth.... Your mind will blossom and overflow with its natural splendor.
edit on 19-1-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

Love is like anything else. It's just a word. So is hate, so is dark, light, evil, good. It's all a matter of perception. As humans we label everything in some vain attempt to understand the meaning behind it.
The fact is people who are in love make no sense, as do people who say they hate, as do someone who says someone else is evil due a difference in opinion or a straying from the moral coding we are spoon-fed as children.
Only your actions can define you as being empathic in life, and even then it is subject to critique from any viewer. The fact is most people go through life defining their actions by what popular opinion states, instead of just being who they really are and accepting that sometimes you will trample on some toes because of that.

Or, "Be yourself. Eveyone else is already taken."

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I immediately thought of Haddaway!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This should be moved to metaphysics or general chit-chat, or maybe relationships.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You could say numbers in mathematics's were infinite, but that would be meaning less.
In this Universe you would have to many numbers to use, so those extra numbers would be useless.
From what I understand for the most part, on this planet a infinity could be termed as two googolplexs.

In terms of how special you are as a indivual, I have offen wondered at what point gene's would dooplacate a person, like a mistake, a accidental clone's.

Biblical only so many soul's, so, so many souls are simalar in mannerizims.

Please feel free to correct any incorrrect spelling, glamour or puncuwations. My stupid spell checkecker did not even know how to spell googolplex.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You are right, there's nothing else "going on" that is of any consequence whatsoever, or, for that matter, which makes any rational sense in the final analysis. Therefore, everything is a manifestation of love, and love, not hate, is the governing dynamic of the universe, and the keystone of any authentically "civil" society. There is no greater insight than this.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Love is resistant to definition, but conducive to practice. That's what I wrote in my psychology paper anyway.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
What is love? Love is... No really, Love "IS". 'is', a form of the word 'being', meaning 'to be'. Do you know that there is no such thing as hate? Do you know that there is no such thing as fear? Absolutely everything that you and i experience in our lifetimes is love.

This is the same thing most people here say already. Add something unique to your idea of love. Have a personal revelation, add to the ever growing consciousness of humanity!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

You are right, there's nothing else "going on" that is of any consequence whatsoever, or, for that matter, which makes any rational sense in the final analysis. Therefore, everything is a manifestation of love, and love, not hate, is the governing dynamic of the universe, and the keystone of any authentically "civil" society. There is no greater insight than this.
I would say lonelyness, people need to feel loved more than to love, for the most part people are selfish in love if I can't have no one wil, Bang.
So I would say hate of being alone.

When I saw my Daughter born, I found a Love I never knew existe at that instant..

Civil for for the most part humans are skum, they have not evolved far enough yet, to realize, The Christ Consciousness, to give yourself completely wholely, so another would not need to suffer.That is true Love, as the Christ spoke of Love True Love is to see the joy in others.

So this should be a place of Joy, Love but I guess first needs to be earned.

top topics

join