It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie Security Guard charged with Murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
A 40 yr old female security guard shot dead an armed robber at a hotel in Sydney. The robber was armed with "knuckdusters" only! She followed the robber into the carpark, went up to his car and shot him in the head at point blank range!!!

news.ninemsn.com.au...

Karen Brown avoided the police for days after the shooting claiming that she was medically unfit to be interviewed by police. She was however fit enough to be interviewed by a number of media sources:

www.abc.net.au...

www.smh.com.au...

Today she has been formally charged with murder.

Couldn't she have just shot him in the arm or something???

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I thought she was just appearing in court for the charge of murder, she might still be found not guilty. Personally I don't think she should be found guilty of murder, but there is no doubt that what she did was "wrong" in the eyes of the law. If she had have shot the man immediately after being hit, it would have been a very different story. But because she followed him and shot him it's more of a "revenge" shooting, and self-defense would not apply due to the delay and excessive force compared to that used by the man. Hopefully the lady will not be charged with murder, perhaps claiming she somehow temporary lost control due to the attack.

D

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomh31
I thought she was just appearing in court for the charge of murder, she might still be found not guilty. .

That's what Jubilee said, She' s being charged with murder. And yes, had she shot the guy in self defence it would be different. But I'd sure be pissed if some guy beat my face in with brass knuckles. I know it doesn't excuse the killing, but I can see why she shot him.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
So knuckdusters are Brass knuckles right? I know in the states using Brass knuckles are consider using a deadly weapon.

Also a person that is within 21 feet of a cop with a knife can be shot. Something about the time it would take a cop to pull his gun out and the time it would take the person with the knife to rush the cop.

Im not sure about Brass Knuckles though. I think that would be better handled with a tazer or pepper spray.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Yeah thats way excessive.

Shooting someone in the head, while they were in their car with no warning. Thats premeditation i'd say.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I believe murder requires pre meditation. In other words you plan to deliberately take someones life, and then cold bloodedly carry it out.

Manslaughter would be a more appropriate charge I would think. However a judge could still find her guilty of murder, and let her walk free with a suspended sentence, it has happened before.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I remember hearing a cop being interviewed on the radio just after it
happend. He was saying that she obviously hadn't been trained properley,
once the offender jumped in the car to drive off, thats it game over she
should have called the police.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
so she couldnt have just made him get out of the car and arrest him!!??

new topics

top topics

join