It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO/Light in the sky - Edmonton, AB, Canada - January, 11th, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

(Dont know how to embed properly)

Video description

Edmonton Alberta CA, jan 11 2012, 11:11 pm, a vert line of red light in night sky was there for 15 min palsating

Any thoughts on what this could possibly be?
Could something from the ground be causing the light up in the sky?

From reading the youtube comments it was spotted by other people also.

Cheers
edit on January 15th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: fix embed

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Kinda sorta similar to this? Maybe? Not really? I dunno.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Is that bright light lamp post making the reflection of that light in the middle? There both same color. And that would be my guess.But, it does have a bright light in the middle. Seems more like it's a reflection. Because, everytime he moves the camera the lamp post squiggles and so does his object.

But who knows what it is.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here is someone else who filmed it from a different location:

www.youtube.com...

It looks like a "light pillar" a.k.a. "ice pillar" to me.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 15-1-2012 by is0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Obvious pillar is obvious. Ice crystals playing with a strong terrestrial light source. Nothing more to see here. Above poster apparently already provided a link, so i'll just leave it at this.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I saw this myself. I was outside having a smoke the night this happened and looked up and saw it first hand. I wouldn't call it a UFO. It was definitely strange though. It appeared to be a stationary column of light (bright at the center) to the right of the moon. It didn't move, but seemed to throb in intensity. I didn't bother watching it very long and just chalked it up to atmospheric phenomenon. I figured it could be a moon dog but after googling images it definitely wasn't that.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
im seeing the same kinda thing out of my bedroom window at night, iv taken photos/video but i need my 20posts to make a topic so its going to have to wait.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Sometimes we get minor amounts of visible auroura borealis. Visible down to the base of Canada and being in the city washes most, but not all of it out.

Some people will tell you that you can't see it in the city or down to the border. I suspect these people don't go outside in the dark very often, and less so during the cold season.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Definitely not what this was. I've seen enough of the northern lights to know that's not the case here. I'd say if there was a natural explanation that fit what I saw, it would be the Ice Pillars mentioned above. Although this particular phenomenon was pulsating so I'm not sure how that fits in. But either way it didn't seem to have a form that I could see, and it was completely stationary, leading me to believe it was projected from the ground somehow. Ice pillar seems the most logical explanation imo (but definitely NOT northern lights).

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

There are bars and what not that project light up to draw attention. There used to be one here that did that.

top topics

join