It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comunion with our planet (important please read).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I hope this is in the right forum.
I want to discuss a subject that is a little hard to explain so please bear with me.
I'm still learning from my experiences.
It concerns our spiritual evolution, and the importance of our relation with the Great Mystery, God whatever you wish to call it, these are all just words they may differ from one person to another this is why it is so hard to explain certain things..
I prefer to call it the Great Spirit but it depends on what you would feel better with.

It is very important that we realize has a species to tell the truth from the lie.
This comes from personal experience of mine, where i would use objects or material things to help me out in my personal evolution.
Shiny and starkly might not always be the best solution...and objects or material wealth cannot replace the communion we have with the Great Spirit.

edit on 15-1-2012 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

I'm not quite sure I follow exactly what you're trying to get at.

I understand that you're suggesting things such as Brahman, Yahweh, Wakan Tanka, the Tao and like associations are all the same thing. I understood that much, although I disagree with the conclusion, as all of these forces are drastically different once you understand them beyond "they all made everything."

I also understand that you're saying clinging to material possessions is a bad thing, which is a very Buddhist stand-point. It is also an often-ignored Christian command as well. I also understand this viewpoint, although I disagree that neglecting possessions is correct.

What I don't get is how this ties into communion with the planet. In many Native American belief structures—where Wakan Tanka the Great Spirit, called Mystery, is derived from—the discoveries you made are opposite to their practices. The Native American's were warlike, and possessive. They coveted natural goods, big game, shiny objects from tradesman, and land. They also were very prejudiced people with racial beliefs, who segregated themselves based on tribal origin.

Anyway, I'd just like to know how what you've stated applies to communion with the Earth.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

What I mean is that Man made creations, can't replace God's creation. That's is what I mean by communion with the planet and the Great Mystery which is very very important.

new topics

join