It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is a Scientologist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is actually my first time hearing about this religion but i did not do any background research as to what they worship or what their symbol is...i actually found out about this religion when Tom Cruise was saying "it's an honor to call your self a Scientologist"... I heard somewhere that they worship aliens or something?

edit on 14-1-2012 by CrazyRaccoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Scientology teaches that people are immortal beings who have forgotten their true nature.[7] Its method of spiritual rehabilitation is a type of counselling known as auditing, in which practitioners aim to consciously re-experience painful or traumatic events in their past in order to free themselves of their limiting effects.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Its a religion/cult dreamed up by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard & aliens are involved.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
Scientology teaches that people are immortal beings who have forgotten their true nature.[7] Its method of spiritual rehabilitation is a type of counselling known as auditing, in which practitioners aim to consciously re-experience painful or traumatic events in their past in order to free themselves of their limiting effects.

It's a bit more sinister than that.
Think about all the bad things in your life...then tell someone who has no clause for confidentiality. Try to leave and the secrets come out. I was heavily involved in the information fight with Scientology. I have since given it up for the much more important fight of keeping Internet censorship at bay.

Read more than you ever wanted to know here.
Scientology at Wikileaks

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
After you read , this

simple.wikipedia.org...
Watch this

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I did a thread about some of the things that Scientologists assert. It is a very dangerous religion, because of its greedy and corrupt leadership.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gotta love this guy, who spent about $!million on Scientology........

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
This is actually my first time hearing about this religion but i did not do any background research as to what they worship or what their symbol is...i actually found out about this religion when Tom Cruise was saying "it's an honor to call your self a Scientologist"... I heard somewhere that they worship aliens or something?

They basically believe humans came from some other world other than earth, based on L. Ron Hubbards books.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

When they say Thetan it almost sounds like Satan.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Surprisingly enough, the South Park episode is a fairly true representation of the so called religion.
South Park Studios
Can't watch it in Canada though...someone have a YouTube link?
edit on 14-1-2012 by krusin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by krusin_
Surprisingly enough, the South Park episode is a fairly true representation of the so called religion.
South Park Studios
Can't watch it in Canada though...someone have a YouTube link?
edit on 14-1-2012 by krusin_ because: (no reason given)

Here ya go. This is only a small segment of the episode, and it's not a very good quality, but its all I could find on this episode on YouTube. It gives you the gist.....

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If you decide to look further into Scientology don't go anywhere near any of their Orgs. They're out for your money.

Look for the Freezone or Ron's Org on the internet and deal with individual Scientologists who have left the church if you think it may be for you.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Hey I was in San Diego when I found out about this religion, the funniest thing about this religion is that they actually pay you to be a follower. They told me lies about working there from the add, I didn't disagree with their philosophies, but they offered too little, but they do pay you to become part of their religion (I think a little below minimum wage). It is not that bad though, not of the devil or anything. The have a cool instrument that measures how much stress you have, the instrument doesn't cure stress is just lets you know the frequency through your hands, I thought that was cool because at the time I got out of a serious relationship and they diagnosed my depression. So in one day they showed be quite a bit and were very nice to me, I happened to be walking down the street in search of a job and went by their headquarters.

They talk about aliens because it is an easy going religion with no belief restrictions. They would also be happy to keep a bible by their bedside.
edit on 14-1-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Hey I was in San Diego when I found out about this religion, the funniest thing about this religion is that they actually pay you to be a follower. They told me lies about working there from the add, I didn't disagree with their philosophies, but they offered too little, but they do pay you to become part of their religion (I think a little below minimum wage).

Wait...They put an ad up saying that they were hiring people? Did they call it the Sea Org? If you are recruited to the Sea Org your are given a bunk in a group living facility, food (a diet based on productivity, beans and rice only for poor productivity or "out ethics" work) and a small stipend that is related to your org's productivity. In exchange for this, all you're required to do is sign a billion year contract. Yep, a billion years of your future.

It is not that bad though, not of the devil or anything. The have a cool instrument that measures how much stress you have, the instrument doesn't cure stress is just lets you know the frequency through your hands, I thought that was cool because at the time I got out of a serious relationship and they diagnosed my depression. So in one day they showed be quite a bit and were very nice to me, I happened to be walking down the street in search of a job and went by their headquarters.

So, they gave you a personality test, using an e-meter, while you were searching for a job, and they "correctly" diagnosed your depression? Who did, some kid learning to use an e-meter to sell Scientology, or a real professional? Did they try to sign you up for a class? Of course they did! Did you take one of their classes? No, because you didn't have a job, right?

They talk about aliens because it is an easy going religion with no belief restrictions. They would also be happy to keep a bible by their bedside.

No, they talk about aliens because it is embedded in their religion. They believe that we are all 75 billion years old and that we have lived on other planets and will go to other planets to give them the message of Scientology. "Target 2" is the next planet Scientologists intend to clear, after clearing all of earth. Following L.R.Hubbard's lead, he is now "supposedly" at "Target 2" right now creating a new "Church of Scientology" as we type, They will "clear" the universe! Praise LRH!

I was involved in Scientology in LA, Celebrity Center, the 1970's for a short time. I left Scientolgy when I left my psycho Scientologist husband and moved to Maui, where there are no Scientology orgs.

I moved to San Diego a few years ago. About a year ago, someone knocked on my door at about 9pm. It was a tall man in a black suit and tie from the Church of Scientology inviting me back to a "new Scientology" and asking for any old Scientology books I had to be returned because they had been re-written, correctly this time, and I could buy the new ones now!

I asked him how he found me. He said "through my voting records." CREEPY!

What a scam! I wish I had all the books I bought back in '70's because they are probably worth something now!

edit on 14-1-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Wait...They put an ad up saying that they were hiring people? Did they call it the Sea Org? If you are recruited to the Sea Org your are given a bunk in a group living facility, food (a diet based on productivity, beans and rice only for poor productivity or "out ethics" work) and a small stipend that is related to your org's productivity. In exchange for this, all you're required to do is sign a billion year contract. Yep, a billion years of your future.

No I was just walking down the street by the headquarters, they did have a sign up but I don't think it had a name. So they may have tried to recruit me but I didn't really hear anything I disagreed with so paying me is better than not lol.

So, they gave you a personality test, using an e-meter, while you were searching for a job, and they "correctly" diagnosed your depression? Who did, some kid learning to use an e-meter to sell Scientology, or a real professional? Did they try to sign you up for a class? Of course they did! Did you take one of their classes? No, because you didn't have a job, right?

The personality test was seperate from the e-meter. The personality test and depression tests I answered a series of questions like a normal test, they thought I was a 6-7, I thought I was a 7-8 based on the e-meters reaction and my own experiences, but I was probably a 7. They looked like professionals to me, the people in the room talked to me about the tests - they were in an office by the window of the 3rd story, I think the kid with the e-meter was on the second floor by the study area. The study area is your 'work' area. Yes it was funny because if I didn't need to make a living I probably would have done it, but just because it wasn't enough pay I tried to push them up a bit and then left on good terms.

No, they talk about aliens because it is embedded in their religion. They believe that we are all 75 billion years old and that we have lived on other planets and will go to other planets to give them the message of Scientology.

In my meeting with the religion at the headquarters for a good part of the day I learned a lot, I did not learn they were praising like a baptist would praise Jesus, they are more searching for the truth. Why not have aliens embedded in a religion? Maybe it would help the people realize that abducted people who are implanted are real.

I was involved in Scientology in LA, Celebrity Center, the 1970's for a short time. I left Scientolgy when I left my psycho Scientologist husband and moved to Maui, where there are no Scientology orgs. I moved to San Diego a few years ago. About a year ago, someone knocked on my door at about 9pm. It was a tall man in a black suit and tie from the Church of Scientology inviting me back to a "new Scientology" and asking for any old Scientology books I had to be returned because they had been re-written, correctly this time, and I could buy the new ones now!

I asked him how he found me. He said "through my voting records." CREEPY!

What a scam! I wish I had all the books I bought back in '70's because they are probably worth something now!

Lol I am not surprised - it was the 70s. It was all connected to this strange experience that put me in that place and time, a so called 'ufo' related event in the 90s. The event was so shocking that I studied intensely over the subject, and based on the event I have come to my conclusions. So possibly there was an alien connection and only the rare books have the information.

new topics

top topics

join