It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listing of the blocked Web-Pages!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hello from Japan,

lately i got two of my Posting "Censored" because there was a Web-Adress included
which linked to a blocked Page, but i do not know which one!

Is there a list of this blocked Pages the ATS Crew don't like
and can we/ i see this Addresses?

This would reduce the Workload for the honorable Mod-Crew!

Regards
Human 0815

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have been tempted to ask that same question my self, as my wife had one of her posts removed for that reason.

I'm not sure if they will provide a list if these sites are "not to be spoken of" here.

But it is worth the effort to ask.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

While I have been in ATS for a while and never had a link been removed from been from a "none approve site" I also will like very much to know whom the so call "banned" sites are.

This is spiking my conspirator mind a lot right now.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If ATS names those sites, it would ruin the whole point of blocking them.

It might create a paradox too!

edit on 14/1/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
It might create a paradox too!

You mean like is Wolverine a Canuck or an Aussie?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I haven't gotten that but I did get "restricted post" because one story I posted about had url that links to Las Vegas Review Journal. That site apparently is on the ATS #list. Odd that you cant even link to that site as a source.
edit on 14/1/2012 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

That question could cause an anomaly in the sub space quantum field, but no paradox though.

Check out www.(redacted).com for more info

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I don't know of nor know the story of why any other sites are restricted but this one I know. The LVRJ tried suing ATS for linking articles without paying them, so a deal was made. No links from here, no suing from them. Or something to that effect as we don't really know what the deal was but that's how it works out.

Doinks, they are, they would rather lose the traffic and ad revenue from said traffic to spite us. Screw them, I say. I won't read their rag nor visit their site.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I haven't gotten that but I did get "restricted post" because one story I posted about had url that links to Las Vegas Review Journal. That site apparently is on the ATS #list. Odd that you cant even link to that site as a source.
edit on 14/1/2012 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

It's partly because of this:

google ""Righthaven"" (wikipedia)

can't seem to post the link to the articles though

ATS is not the only victim.

Righthaven

en.wikipedia.org...

Righthaven LLC is a copyright holding company founded in early 2010, which enters agreements from its partner newspapers after finding that their content has been copied to online sites without permission, in order to engage in litigation against the site owners for copyright infringement. The lawsuits have been heavily criticized by commentators, who describe the activity as copyright trolling[1][2] and the company as a "lawsuit factory".[3] Righthaven LLC's CEO, Steven Gibson, is a partner in the Las Vegas office of American law firm Dickinson Wright and regularly speaks to the media about Righthaven.[4][5]

As of November 2011, the company's assets are subject to confiscation by the US Marshals Service due to expired debts from legal fees to a successful defendant.[6] In January 2012, its domain name, righthaven.com, was sold at auction to an undisclosed purchaser to help satisfy its debts

see complete wiki for details.

edit on Jan-14-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Doesn't make any sense. I edited the post and removed the link to LVRJ and replaced it with one article that has the very same link. So people who read that are going there anyway.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Doesn't make any sense. I edited the post and removed the link to LVRJ and replaced it with one article that has the very same link. So people who read that are going there anyway.

it's all American copyright legal mumbo jumbo.

the lawyers got rich from the whole deal.

maybe CeeB.S. has some info

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yeah it I know the premise but that is just as idiotic as claiming copyright over dinner table conversations if something from tv is spoken of. Why would ATS give into such stupidness?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well they have been playing games with the Executive Orders given out by Obama on Iran and Libya.
www.whitehouse.gov...
www.whitehouse.gov...

The game they have found is internet sites are paid through traffic. And that would make it illegal for a person to visit or post links to the site due to allowing them to make money from the traffic. I would post a link to Newspapers in Iran or Libya but it would be removed due to allowing those sites to make money from traffic to the sites. Welcome to the war on media and the war on the internet.

Only linked to Irans newspaper showing same information as in the media in US.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-1-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Is the ATS-Crew not willing to give us this Information,
are they still in a on-going Discussion or do they do not know

This is very difficult and to do not know the exact handling
do not help to provide accurate Information!

I understand the core,
in my Blog i also do not like a link to Web Pages
who are extreme Right-Wing for example but i explain why
i don't like it instead of just Censor the whole Post!

This is the Info i got:

with Regards and Respect

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I noticed that image for the first time today and was very shocked to see it on ATS. I can understand removing links to websites for legal/security reasons, but I didn't think ATS did that for sites that simply bad-mouth ATS or its members. I don't like the direction ATS is heading with this policy...
edit on 17/1/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Yip, it is strange, also that i get no answer

So i think they just have no straight Line?

Regards

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Funny I thought ATS would be happy to share their stance on this...

bump..

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I guess,as they say,let sleeping dogs lay.
If you enjoy this site,adhere to there terms.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Had this occur too, ATS' auto message in the post was accusing the site of false claims about ATS admins. While that may be all fair, I corroborated the news information I was trying to link to from various sources and it was accurate, so such actions by ATS could be perceived as a form of censorship.

Just trying to show both sides of the sword here.

new topics

top topics

join