It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How close am I? - Identification database

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Lets just say that there is a government, or covert need to obtain every living american on a database system. How hard would it be for that entity to do such a thing?

Everyone in the US (for the most part) have SSN's. Those are your numbers. Government, and just about anyone else, can identify you by those numbers.

People often dig up their family trees. The act of doing so creates documents, and so forth. Any given person from that family line would have gone to the doctor, or giving blood, etc, to give up their DNA which in turn could go into a database. By the time anyone chose to go "Off the Grid", there would already be enough DNA and family history to compile in any database.

I think at this point, if anyone feared enough and thought that there was a way to be free from anything that could effect you biologicaly or by your identification, you're already known.

Facial regognition could be used in the same maner.

Sorry for the scare, but it was a thought that crossed my mind today. hehehe No where to run, no where to hide!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
In today's world of high technology and spyware everywhere, I would say they already have it all. Your name goes through a number of computers every day, even if you don't own one, since 9-11 all phone calls and emails are recorded, forums like this one are monitored, and cameras are everywhere. To go completely off their radar you would have to live completely off the grid....no services of any kind, no phones, computers, credit cards, and live far from any city. Some do this, I personally know of a group of 'Nam Vets who live in the wild, far off the radar. I would assume there are other such groups out there. One friend told me when TSHTF to come on out, and I would be welcomed, armed, and supplied, and my family would be taken care of.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I totaly agree. I think the constitution was blured out when it came time to identify "Privacy" or the right thereof. Today, every intity out there has access to everything. SSN, Credit Score, Bad check writing history, Good check writing history, who you owe money to, everything you've done wrong the past 7+ years (I say + because they have a wonderful way of keeping that information on your credit report... sell the debt to someone else, becomes whole new debt... rinse and repeat!)

Even junk mail comes in with your name on it. Its not often you'll see "Residence" anymore. You cant make them stop no matter how many letters you write. Everyone steals your information by means of fake adds, fake this and that... stuff that's not even legal! People get away with EVERYTHING these days and not one person seems to mention all the issues that we deal with today, much less the privacy issues. Without all this, there wouldnt be much of any ID theft to worry about.. Now we have so many ways to fall into the ID Theft trap.

I just assume start going by a fake name these days. Once upon a time, people would have to get the card out of your wallet to get your personal information. Now all they need to is open a web browser.

Sick stuff

join