It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to withdraw 7000 troops from Europe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

interesting a total of 87,000 troops coming home ,why . lets see it wouldn`t be to cut costs would it as the pay scale for those troops in country is a lot less that those overseas.or does it have to do with the civil unrest which is starting to take hold world wide .did the u.s. government recently try to or did they basically pass or enact a form of the war measures act . which would mean that we the people are about to be declared as the enemy from within by those same fools who are sworn to protect us -police military courts and governments.all because we are once again asking for the CHANGES & CORRECTIONS that need to take place .
a little something to think on for all of the people of the world as the more we see in the news the more we see them doing this to the people of every nation who is a little upset with the theft that is going on right under their noses by the elitists of the rich.the thieving banks .

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaKaElectric
YouTube Is Closing Accounts Of People Who Uploaded The Marine Video !!!

Go to this video -

www.youtube.com...

And look at all the videos to the right, see all the blank ones ???

They all say -

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.

THAT'S MESSED UP! THAT'S CENSORSHIP PLAN AND SIMPLE!

It's not closing all of them. You can see the same video with thousands of views so I wonder what their criteria is. It's easy to set up a new you tube account but I get it, that isn't the point. We don't have free speech and never have. Can you cuss out a cop? Can you cuss in public? Verbal threats....no. can't even say Merry Christmas hardley if you're an employee of certain companies. I would never do some of these things nor suggest anyone else to do them but the point is, we don't have free speech. Even on certain websites and forums, posts can be deleted by higher ups.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by picratus

87,000????? I wonder what they'll all do when they get home. I mean seriously, what is there to do here? Then if they don't re-up and have to get a civilian job......It's gonna be tough on them.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
With draw could mean alot of things . I agree with the iran idea . just like iraq/affgan wars we(they) are about to send 1000's more troops to a forgin country for control. i would have to know what mos (jobs)the troops they are bringing back have to really make a true hypothiss

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Now the question to ask here is why?

You might not have noticed..

We're broke.......

I find it hilarious we even had a "combat team" in Europe to begin with. 81,000 troops? What war are we fighting? Bring em all home!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Interesting. I thought this would happen.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut
Are the planning on keeping the troops in America? It might be that the Gov. is preparing for people to riot.

I highly doubt that.

If that was the case, they would have bragged that the "troops are coming home" instead of saying how the asia/pacific and middle east are the priorities.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
7000 out of 81,000 is not that big of a deal. The administration is trying to give the "appearance" of military cuts. Smoke and mirrors of course.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
What about they withdraw ALL OF THEM?

I mean, it's not like Germany is about to invade France.

Unless those soldiers are there to look for bankers and arresting them, bring back the troops.

It would be a dangerous thing to bring back all of those troops to high unemployment and a highly disastified populous.

Rome kept it's military units abroad and outside of the city for a very good reason.

edit on 13-1-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo

Ok guys if this is here already please delete and move where nessacary.

So we have here 7000 troops being moved out and we also have the withdrawal of troops from Iraq.

What is the real reason behind these withdrawals?

They actually give the reason in the article and it makes perfect sense. There is no conspiracy here. Things are hotting up elsewhere in the world and you need to make the best use of resources. Meanwhile did you know that US has troops living the life of Riley in Germany and elsewhere? Nice work if you can get it! It's a leftover of the Second World War and given the state of things in the far East etc keeping them there would be beyond stupid.
edit on 13-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Go to this video -

www.youtube.com...

They all say -

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.

Still Here:
www.youtube.com... 6ie%3Dutf-8%26oe%3Dutf-8%26aq%3Dt%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial%26client%3Dfirefox-a

IRM

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Go to this video -

www.youtube.com...

They all say -

Still Here:
www.youtube.com... 6ie%3Dutf-8%26oe%3Dutf-8%26aq%3Dt%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial%26client%3Dfirefox-a

IRM

ATS breaks the link. You can retrieve the whole thing by clicking the quote button on this post

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo

Ok guys if this is here already please delete and move where nessacary.

So we have here 7000 troops being moved out and we also have the withdrawal of troops from Iraq.

What is the real reason behind these withdrawals?

Is he withdrawing troops due to show everyone he did as he promised at the election? Only due to the fact the mass of sheep only seem to remember the last few months of a presidency.

Could this be basically a withdrawal to bring troops back to prepare for Iran and send a mass of troops to Iran to die for a BS cause or reason?

I have a feeling it will be for both I suspect we will see a lot more withdrawals due to these 2 reasons and most probably he is worried about Ron Paul being the contender and his message of bringing troops home making Obama a 1 term president.

What is everyone elses thoughts?

www.perthnow.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

You really need a reason to withdraw troups from Europe? Russia is not a threat anymore, no more cold war buddy.. Thus all those guys hanging around there in bases the US doesn't need only cost us money. If you take a look at our military spending compared to other nations you will get a pretty good picture that we have to start saving somewhere.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join