It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is better than holographs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If you know about the push for creating a fully working holographic TV then you must have done a lot of research in futuristic technology...such as plasma guns or laser weapons or even flying cars.. but what i am trying to say here is, what will we have next after holographic computers,TV's and basically anything which can show videos or go on the internet...

Also have you heard that they want to install a computer to a car... and replace the windshield with a touch-screen windshield so essentially... you are driving and on your computer or giant screen Ipad and if you are to busy NO problem the car takes control and drives you to your destination automatically.

BTW if you say "no such thing" then you must not know that Japan is working on that right now a long side with laser keyboards

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

People do seem to be getting lazier.

Technology doesn't seem to be our friend anymore.

Useless crap... And here comes more of it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

No it's better to have more technology than to sit in a wooden cabin...alone at night with no TV or computer.

I heard that they are replacing wires with wireless systems

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
If you know about the push for creating a fully working holographic TV then you must have done a lot of research in futuristic technology...such as plasma guns or laser weapons or even flying cars.. but what i am trying to say here is, what will we have next after holographic computers,TV's and basically anything which can show videos or go on the internet...

Also have you heard that they want to install a computer to a car... and replace the windshield with a touch-screen windshield so essentially... you are driving and on your computer or giant screen Ipad and if you are to busy NO problem the car takes control and drives you to your destination automatically.

BTW if you say "no such thing" then you must not know that Japan is working on that right now a long side with laser keyboards

I think that the way forward with our computing devices, at least for the short term, is to improve our input devices.

If you look at current trends, input is now being done multi-touch with screens (smartphones & Micro$oft Surface). Soon we might far better ways.

XL5

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hmmm whats better then holographs...ones you can feel. Beyond that, hats that let you read others minds, the govt. would hate that.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

One step beyond holograms would be something like a 4- dimensional hologram. Once we are able to send data directly into our visual cortex or perhaps other region of the brain, we can simulate a 4(or more) dimensional environment. Maybe that would cause vertigo...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Whats next is nanobots in the synapses of the brains.

That will be the future of media.
These nanobots will be able to "hijack" our signal and replace it. Meaning we will have fully immersable Virtual reality. Basically these nanobots will be replicating what happens during dreams. We will have a very intense and real seeming virtual reality that to us, will appear and feel just like the real world.
That will be the ultimate goal. a virtual reality that is completely indistinguishable from real reality.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Whenever I think of new technology and what to expect from future technology, I ALWAYS look to the below video to show what concepts to expect

Star Helmets FTW!!!
Don't forget holograms that build suits!

edit on 13-1-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Two holographs!

... and a mammogram!

edit on 14/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join