It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people actually believe in predictions??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I want this to be about the "2012 doomsday prediction" issue... NASA actually had to make videos explaining how Dec 21st 2012 is NOT the end of the world... i find it rather sad how NASA scientists actually take time to explain it to the people on how there is no planet "Nibiru" i will post a video of an actual NASA scientist explaining it..if you think that i am lying.

By the way did you know they are already making other doomsday predictions like 2029? or 2036.

Sorry these types of threads have been recycled so much that it is boring.... or pointless
But people still believe it!, did you know a woman actually tried to take her life and her kids because of the coming "end days"??

edit on 10-1-2012 by CrazyRaccoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I think it has to do with the lifestyles. If someone's lifestyle is not exciting, like doing the same thing almost everyday, then the prospect of something exciting happening is appealing.

Sometimes they are not happy with how life is in this world. So they would like some sort of change or the end of it.

That's what I believe.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Asking why people believe in predictions is one stretch of a question.

NASA came out recently and has said that solar flares going into 2013 could have the possibility to cause damage to the grids, the satellites, and throw us back 100 years into the past, or with truth, the worst disaster to ever occur (in our time) to the country or continent it affects, and that is undeniable if a grid or myriad of satellites are fried. There are always dangers and warnings, and with the clear climate change we've seen, and the sheer strength the Earth has showed, it'd be more wise not to stand on either side, but to be aware for yourself.
edit on 10/1/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
gullable and boring lives IMO...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think the best predictions and prophesies come from those who have already proven some of theirs to be true. They usually get some credibility in their following.

The sad thing aswell is that people only realise a prophecy once it has happened. Nostradamus would attest to this. After 911 people looked at his scripts and went ''Oh yeah, there is actually something here about two brothers falling.

Im sorry to do this but I'm posting from a phone so I cannot share the link myself. But if you are willing you can take a look at my previous thread list (there aren't that manny) for the African Prophecies and Predictions thread which delves into the subject from an Zulu perspective.
In there they predicted 911 way before Desert Storm even. And not just one guy, a bunch of african songomas and witch doctors.

To answer your question somewhat, I believe that people have the ability to predict the future (albeit with poor accuracy), whether it be their own or on a greater scope. That being said I also believe that everybody cannot work the same way or receive their messages in the same manner. Thus, one cannot understand the meaning unless one understands the vessel/person.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
As far as "2012 doomsday" goes, it is the doom of old time and the beginning of new. It is not the end of the world, but the change of human ways. People who label it "doomsday" really haven't taken time to understand it, that goes for both pro-2012 and people who are against it.

But to answer to your question in terms of 2012, people really want change. No. Humanity NEEDS a change actually. It is far beyond personal interests - if you watch the general picture of our situation, it is rather sad and with a bleak future. Sure, you may have a happy life right now, but it is just as wrong to say "everything's fine, nothing is going to happen" as to kill yourself and family because of a thought about the future.

new topics

top topics

join