It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Very Strange is Going On.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Something very odd is going on in my world, 3 uncanny coincidences in the space of a week. It's left me baffled.

The first:

I'd had a dream a few weeks back, involving an ex best friend, who I haven't seen or spoken to in 2 years. It was a real shame that we stopped talking, it was over something really petty and trivial. I'd not long given birth to my son and we were drifting apart and we snapped at each other one night, when tensions were running high. Anyway, she was in a dream very briefly - for a few seconds, if that. Upon awaking, I had a huge, compelling urge to get in touch with her. However, the stubborn side of me thought about it and decided not to and that was that.

2 weeks on and I dreamt about her again. Once more, upon awaking, I had a HUGE, overwhelming urge to get in touch with her. It was an urge I simply couldn't ignore, an itch I desperately needed to scratch. I can only describe it as a "soul urge" - it was as though my soul was prodding me and telling me that this was something I needed to do.

So sure enough, I tracked her down on Facebook and sent her a message. Wasn't really sure what to write, as it had been a fair while since we'd spoken and our last words to each other had been fairly malicious
So, I said:

"Hellooo...

You were in my dream last night for a few seconds and it made me want to message you and ask how you are? Hope everything's good!

Kate x"

Minutes later, she messaged me back, saying:

"This is the weirdest coincidence....I went out with my friends Jon and Dan last night and they asked me if I knew Tom...it led to a whole big conversation about him (they've met him recently) and it got me thinking about you. I almost sent you an email about it last night, very weird to hear from you this morning..."

So a sequence of events had led her to thinking about getting in touch with me too and only hours before, she almost did. It spooked us both out a bit, one of those times where you think...woah, that's such a strange coincidence.

Anyway, coincidence number 2 happened last night. I'd been cutting up loads of veg for the dinner and the knife handle had been rubbing and pinching the skin on part of my forefinger. It left a sore, red pinch mark. A couple of hours later, my lovely boyfriend walked up and said "look at this, I hurt it when I was building my bed
" (he's just bought a new bed and was upstairs trying to piece it together!) I showed him mine and we both stood there, like "
" - both marks were EXACTLY the same, in EXACTLY the same place on our fingers, (which was a pretty weird place to get a sore anyway!), and they were both caused by the skin being pinched. The sores are still there today, and we both have the same small, weird small lump there!

3rd coincidence happened about an hour ago. Now this was very weird, almost laughable! We were both having a bit of a bizarre conversation about how we both think he was a Roman Soldier in a past life. I said to him, "well if you were a Roman soldier, I must have lived in Rome too! I wonder what my name could have been...?" And both of us, at the exact same time said.....

"Cordelius".

He sat there for about 3 minutes completely paralyzed, hand over his mouth, staring at me like
and I actually had tears in my eyes because I felt like I was about to cry from shock

*Twilight Zone-esque music* - what's going on?
Is someone trying to tell me something? Am I about to get sucked into a vortex of hatred and doom?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
nah i get that all the time , even dreaming stuff and it happens. loads of people get this, no idea why tho

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Similar things happen to me quite often. It happened as a child then went away but it has returned recently. There is an overwhelming awakening affecting the human race. I think it's a good thing

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The first 2..I have had similar experiences...Although there may be something to them, I don't believe them to be uncommon..but the last one deserves some investigation.

Have you looked up the name..is it from a book? a movie? that you both have read or seen?

Do a search..I envy your task : )

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

3rd coincidence happened about an hour ago. Now this was very weird, almost laughable! We were both having a bit of a bizarre conversation about how we both think he was a Roman Soldier in a past life. I said to him, "well if you were a Roman soldier, I must have lived in Rome too! I wonder what my name could have been...?" And both of us, at the exact same time said.....

"Cordelius".

Well Katie, you're both goobers then since I don't believe Cordelius is a proper roman name.

Love the synchronicities, though. The universe is definitely a weird and mysterious place...and someone with a quantum physics background will probably correct this for me, but I believe I heard once that if big bang theory is correct, then we're all effectively entangled on the quantum level to one degree or another - so there might be some strange explanation for the inexplicable.

Take care.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Not to cast doubt on what your saying, I just wanted to point out that as far as I know "Cordelius" is not a traditional Ancient Roman name. Cornelius is a traditional male name, and Cordelia a traditional female name. "Cordelius" reads as a masculinization of the name Cordelia, which i have never encountered.
Still, a very strange series of coincidences none the less.

link   
I was struck by lightning many years ago, and in that split second, I had memories of two previous lives, the one right before this one and one many tens of thousands of years ago, during the ice age. I think these sorts of things are some sort of a rip in the interface between the one consciousness and our perceptions of it. Because we require a biological interface to experience consciousness, our genetic quirks and the modifications to our minds that we acquire through experience make us more individual, so we experience the one consciousness in different ways. Also, once in awhile there might be a sort of "power surge" that expresses itself as strange coincidences, deja vu, past life experiences, ghostly phenomenon, etc. I personally don't think it's something to be worried about, just perhaps an opportunity to appreciate how the Universe works.

link   
reply to post by KatieVA

That´s a cool story.

I think that when things like this happen you are on a good path.

What about your friend, is she an old soulfriend too?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
same thing happened to me

i was lying in bed the other night thinking about old friends whom i had left behind in another state, and thought to myself: "tomorrow i should message them on facebook"

lo and behold i log in this morning and waiting in my inbox is a message from one of the very same frineds whom i had been thinking!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
For get the syntax of the Roman's name, that is not important in the least. This is synchronicity at its finest. It seems you may not be to familiar with the concept so a quick google search should clear that up for you. Recent I had synch within a synch within a synch if that makes any sense at all. Just goes to that we are moving away from hive mind consciousness and into unity consciousness. Consider yourself blessed for seeing this, many are still asleep.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

My bias and perspective is that

LOTS of people are being prodded, led, even provoked into

trying to clear relationship stuff up from the past . . . forgiveness, peace etc. between individuals where there's been tension, uncleared-up stuff.

My GUESSTIMATE about that is

that there's some heavy traumas and chaos coming down the Pike such that the OPPORTUNITIES to clear up things will be missing, unavailable.

And that death without clearing such up will not be . . . wise.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your experiences, it's always awesome to see others having similarly increasing synchronicity in their lives. I also have approx. 3 major ones a week and up to 10 minor 'cute' coincidences a.day.

Anyway, it's not a vortex of hatred and doom, far from it - it's a vortex of conscious creation and joy. These instances never occur during moments of sadness, anger, or despair unless they serve to bring you emotionally out of those circumstances. Normally they are centered around curiosity, interest, and excitement. Answers to all your questions are always readily available if you are open to receive that answer.

While typing this I am listening to an 80's radio.station, and Oingo Boingo's 'Good For Your Soul' came on...the title and lyrics are quite relevant to the topic, and it serves as another example of how information and insight presents itself via overlapping experience. I find this increases the more you are open to it, the more you notice it, and especially the more you take positive action in your life as a result of that experience.

Additionally regarding how you received the name Cordelius, the name Evasius came to me in a similar way in 2007, and it's stuck ever since.

Please take note of any more synchronicities and share, we would love to hear them.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thanks so much for all the replies, guys. It's nice to think that this should be perceived as a positive thing. No vortexes of hatred and doom for me!

reply to post by CaptainInstaban

I'm not sure really, but I'm guessing she must be...That's the only answer I can really find when I try to figure out why this happened.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by KatieVA

trying to clear relationship stuff up from the past . . . forgiveness, peace etc. between individuals where there's been tension, uncleared-up stuff.

that there's some heavy traumas and chaos coming down the Pike such that the OPPORTUNITIES to clear up things will be missing, unavailable.

That frightened me a bit
Am I going to become a corpse soon?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I would guess that it is communication on some level. I had this with my best friend. We would only speak the first 1 or 2 words in our sentence and the other already knew what he was going to say. Sometimes it was a formality just to not freak us out too much.

I find that this is not necessarily limited to a bond you might share with that person as I first thought, but rather it is a perception of something very subtle. Think to that feeling and that way of thought with others. once you get over your own reactions to being like that with others, insecurity, fear, deflection. etc, once over that, you can actually hear their thoughts. It is a reality. not some story to make you stare at candles all night while listening to enigma. lol. I have proven it to myself.

The range of it or its scope it has is limitless I believe, though thankfully we are not.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

My take on it is, we are at the end of an era, and maybe the time has come to consciously unite with your soulmates and go through the process together with them.

Don't worry about a thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

I pray not! LOL. For any of us.

However . . . given the givens . . . whether a drunk running a red light or Russian and Chinese nukes or Jihadi nukes . . . none of us has a guaranteed promise of another day.

Given the oligarchy's determination to trash hundreds of millions of global citizens . . .

These are not the days to walk around UNREADY to meet God!

BTW, VERY MUCH LOVE YOUR AVATAR. Super cute.

edit on 10/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

i chalk the dreams up to quantum entanglement in a sort, as for the sores...... you might wanna get those checked out :/

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by KatieVA

That frightened me a bit
Am I going to become a corpse soon?

There seem to be someone who see it from the negative perspective. I have that perspective sometimes also but when you have been able to see the big picture and thought of you evolution in the length of billions of years it is not so scary, if it really happanes and that I doubt. It will probably be a slow and as gentle awakening as it can be and it will be a pain to have to wait it out for some of ous
. Love a soulbrother. Namaste

new topics

top topics

join