It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA can grope, now say frosting is a no no

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
so what it is just frosting, yea one less right you have, if the threat is that real why not ban all substances of any amount? from the link it does not say what size jar nor cup cake.

TSA defends decision to confiscate Mass. woman's frosted cupcake at Las Vegas airport
the link is
www.startribune.com...
from the link

The TSA says in a blog comment posted Monday the cupcake was packed in a jar filled with icing, which is considered a gel under a policy designed to secure travelers from terrorists seeking to evade detection by using explosives made of plastics, liquids or gels
so the shampoo, tooth past, or other types of jells you can take on, it is my view this is not of safety but of control, for if they where really out for your safety , all no mater how small of an amount all liquid's, jells and the like would be band.
edit on 10-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i remember once a time ago when flying was fun.. i'd rather take the greyhound then go though a tsa probing.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Airports are private property.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Edit: Sorry not old news, my failure

edit on 10-1-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

if that be the case why the TSA you do know that is a FED GOV out fit don't ya, if it was real privet proprietary the owners could say no thanks we have our own security, this is not the case, it is owned by investors that are under gov and fed guide lines

edit on 10-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

your right the are about the fronting being called a jell this is about the TSA defending the action of confiscation and calling it a jell , that was released yesterday the 9/01/2012 and my view of if they so worried then why let some jells on and not ban them altogether.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Yeah, private property being "defended" with our tax dollars, paid to a bunch of low-grade morons with muffin-tops spilling over their too-tight uniforms.

I haven't flown since they started this insane nonsense and I will never fly again until it stops. Many people are doing the same, which is why the airlines are on the verge of bankruptcy. I hope their "private property" becomes a ghost town and all the airlines go out of business....not because I want to see a large wave of unemployment, but because, as you say, they are private property, they can choose to use their own security forces and not the wanna-be Gestapo. Since they choose to use something paid for by us, I figure they've taken enough of my money and I won't give them another dime.

I hope other people stop flying as well. Vote with your wallets, people. Vote NO to physical and mental abuse by some jerk in a uniform.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Then I´m sorry for my post, should have looked closer to it. I will edit it

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

no need to say sorry they were good links you can add them , if you so wish, the more info one can see the better and less time searching.
on topic , the one reason i do not fly is, it is not that safe, TSA is a show and that is all it is, nor do i like flying to begin with.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

well it is a good idea but then it does have the draw backs , one air port closes how many jobs wold be lost ? 10,000 100,000 [off hand numbers] , now if all air ports closed? Then how wold you get the same amount of people to point B from point A train, bus or boat, and wold not TSA be there just the same?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Airports are private property.

Commercial airports are not private property... They are publicly funded entities that may have a private company managing the property.

Most of the world's airports are owned by local, regional, or national government bodies who then lease the airport to private corporations who oversee the airport's operation. For example, BAA Limited (BAA) operates seven of the commercial airports in the United Kingdom, as well as several other airports outside of the UK. Germany's Frankfurt Airport is managed by the quasi-private firm Fraport. While in India GMR Group operates, through joint ventures, Indira Gandhi International Airport and Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. Bengaluru International Airport and Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport are controlled by GVK Group. The rest of India's airports are managed by the Airports Authority of India.

In the United States commercial airports are generally operated directly by government entities or government-created airport authorities (also known as port authorities), such as the Los Angeles World Airports authority that oversees several airports in the Greater Los Angeles area, including Los Angeles International Airport.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickneal7
i remember once a time ago when flying was fun.. i'd rather take the greyhound then go though a tsa probing.

Might want to rethink that one, friend. They are going to be at the greyhound stations as well.
TSA Spreads to Trains Subways Bus Terminals and Ferries

Wednesday, January 04, 2012
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) wants it to be clear that it is not the “Airport Security Administration.”

These days, special teams of TSA officials can be seen appearing randomly at the country’s train stations, bus depots and ferry launches. Twenty-five “viper” (Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response) teams have made 9,300 unannounced visits at various transportation centers around the U.S. These included testing passenger bags for explosive residue at a Greyhound station in Orlando, Florida; inspecting trucks at weigh stations in Tennessee; checking passengers of cruise ships in the Carolinas; and inspecting spectators at NASCAR races and tourists boarding ferries in North Carolina.

The Department of Homeland Security says the viper teams should be expanded in number and has requested funding for about a 50% increase. The FY 2011 TSA budget for non-airport operations (a.k.a. “surface transportation security”) was $110 million.

Federal officials won’t say if the TSA has foiled any terrorist attacks outside airports. But terrorist attacks on trains and subways have occurred in Spain, Russia, India and England.

So, the only thing now is to drive yourself...and hope you are not pulled over and searched. Or walk. Or maybe ride a horse.

I saw this story the other day and wondered if it was an attempt by the shadow government to backhandedly ENFORCE the use of fossil fuels (oil) by discouraging people from using public transportation, and instead relying on their personal vehicles.

new topics

top topics

join