It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Meteor's- caught on tape- Compilation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hello Everybody,

I was just on a thread about space photography, and it gave me the idea to search for meteor's caught on film.

I know there are a load of separate meteors, (Individual) with thread's dedicated to them, but I couldn't find a compilation, so here is one.

And its great

I just love how often they are actually filmed.

I myself have personally seen quite a few shooting stars, but the past couple of years, I have been starting work very early while its still pitch black,

On my way to work I have seen two very different meteor's.

One was a faint, fine, neon blue streak, that just shot straight down vertically, leaving a continual streak in the sky for less than a second.

The second funnily enough, was in pretty much the exact same location (over towards some field's, less than a mile away,-best guess) and also fell vertically, but slightly slower, and quite bright orange/fire colour, and was much thicker than the first.

Both made me go "WOW",

I am always watching the sky, for meteors as much as UFO's

Space photography thread
edit on 9-1-2012 by Soapusmaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Could you check your link? I'm pretty keen to take a look at the vid but linky no worky...
Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Nice. Should add this one aswell.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Works for me mate,

I just checked it, and fiddled with it and made it not work- and then fixed it,

So don't know why its not working for you.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacedOut85

I have seen that one before, but very nice, had forgot about it

Its a very big, very bright meteor and good quality footage.

Cheers .

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus
but I couldn't find a compilation, so here is one.

Really?!

A quick search brought up plenty of hits for me, most of which I posed myself. Here are just a few of them:
Here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

I must have posted this compilation more than 50 times on ATS - It's one of my favorites, but it's good to see someone else posting it for a change

Anyway, here is one of my favorite meteors that was caught on camera last year and I posted it on another thread, but I think it's worth posting again.:

Here's a nice recent fireball that was caught by the ITALIAN METEOR and TLE NETWORK at the start of February.

Seeing as you get a kick out of watching meteors, why not try observing them "properly"? You'll see lots more, especially if you observe during the peak of one of the major annual meteor showers, and doing this will also increase your odds of catching an unexpected outburst (they do happen from time to time). Unfortunately you just missed two major meteors showers (The Geminids and the Quadrantids), but we have some great moon-free showers coming up this year - The Perseids in August, and the Geminids in December would be the ones I would recommend.

top topics

join