It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott SOPA: An Android app that terrifies publishers and politicians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
what does coca cola have to do with the internet and why are they trying to control it.

they're a soft drink manufacturer of all things. not exactly a prestigious and indispensable service.

like eddie murphy put it, they should follow their own advice and have a coke and smile and shut the **** up.

edit on 9-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
what does coca cola have to do with the internet and why are they trying to control it.

they're a soft drink manufacturer of all things. not exactly a prestigious and indispensable service.

like eddie murphy put it, they should follow their own advice and have a coke and smile and shut the **** up.

edit on 9-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

I can't figure it out either *Scratches head*

Could have to do with their ability to advertise...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
To the post's above coke has their greasey little fingers into just about every business this side of the third world, not to mention owning half the third world
.....oh and yes lets all listen to Eddy Murphy; he was just trying to give the transexual hooker a ride home....nothing vulgar to see here...move along.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thegremlin666

you gotta explain the eddie murphy thing.

2nd line

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I just read the web site for downloading the app, and I just thought... Why not make the list public? Not everyone has a cell phone, or one able to scan the codes.

Otherwise, I think it is a nice idea.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown known
reply to post by thegremlin666

you gotta explain the eddie murphy thing.

2nd line

www.imdb.com... (explains the eddie murphy quote and if you haven't watched RAW, you should)

Excellent idea, and it can possibility hurt their business......(here comes the but) BUT the NWO elite are the ones fronting this agenda, and they could really care less about a little lost revenue.

SOPA is all about power, the ability to control one of the last free sources of information.
edit on 9-1-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think it may be time to get a water filter or switch bottled water brands. Tried it on a poland springs water bottle and got the x!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Don't forget the "Patriot" act...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Downloaded it to my droid bionic. WOW. I wish the scanners at work functioned as well as this. Glory be! Mountain Dew is SOPA-free. w00t.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is so amazing!
I got an Android for the holidays and I'm happy to know that the Safeway water is SOPA free (wouldn't matter if they did in this case, I've been using the same bottle for the past 2 weeks) as well as Hot Cheetos... now have to check my Gran Legacy vodka next. Thanks to the OP for this intel

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think this can be expanded to let you know which one of your politicians in your district are doing malicious things, where their lobby money is coming from, the items they are voting on, and a similar app for the presidential elections.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Now that is a fantastic idea!

Why can't I ever come up with something like that? Always the last to the party...

link   
No iphone app?

this is a great idea though! Really translate armchair activism to real life situations.

Bet it'll be illegal in 5..4..3..2......

link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, it's not being featured on the marketplace but you can find it. I downloaded and installed and plan to heavily use it as well as inform everyone i know.

S&F

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, it's not being featured on the marketplace but you can find it. I downloaded and installed and plan to heavily use it as well as inform everyone i know.

S&F

when the people realise the power they have in their everyday purchaces,
the business that have been exploitive will be exploited
lol

this is very good news.
corperations can no longer hid their afiliation to legislation that harms or removes rights.
mass protest by purchace

the people are truly powerful and this will send a powerful message.

SOPA is designed for the real piretes.
and they will suffer in their pockets.
lol

this has made my day

xploder

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

S&F

Search for "Boycott SOPA" in Android Market. It's there. Install it, then the first time you click the button to scan something it brings up the link for the barcode scanner.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I don't do the shopping I guess I will have to explain the evils of SOPA to the wife. It is just a matter of will power and giving up some products if we have to but that's fine with me. Just got my teenager a smart phone i guess that will be harder to convince her that some big record companies want to undermine her way of life. She may even have to give up Justin Beiber lol, i guess then that is killing 2 birds with one stone

I will probably have to bribe her to do this, if not a downgrade in allowance

Kind of like what SOPA supporters did to the economy -- the irony hehe

And it might take me an hour longer to get out of the grocery store after all the scanning but something am willing to adjust to. And i hate shopping. This is patriotic as I get

edit on 9-1-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

i suggest a no GM food ingredients label app,
no person wants to eat the GM crap so do an app for that too

blacklist monsanto sourced products

viva la GM free

xploder

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have the htc desire.... wouldnt work.... any suggestions?? Maybe ill uninstall and try again

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
This is awesome. Now I need one for my computer too.

Just wish I could get a viable solution to replace Microsoft products.

I don't know if microsoft is still going along with SOPA, but hey... microsoft only cares about your cash anyway. Stop using it, Linux and BSD are superior.
Here's some advice;

Try playing around with some operating systems from this list; Typically the most popular/common ones:
distrowatch.com...

Most people who first try out GNU/Linux or BSD on the desktop tend to go along with Ubuntu, Linux Mint, PC-BSD or Debian. As they are all very straight forward to install and begin using.

Using GNU/Linux or BSD operating systems lets YOU own your computer.
Using Microsoft or Apple operating systems lets THEM own your computer

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join