It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama unable to register for primaries as Alabama reviews his eligibility

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa

I know somebody personally (via the innertubes of course) who knows Vermin personally, they are good friends actually.

By all accounts, Vermin is a very personable, smart, guy. He likes to dress up in a clown suit and stand on the street corner with a 6-foot toothbrush and yell "Brush your teeth - its the law" at kids, but other than that, he seems to be fairly normal.

I think he came in third in the primary. Not bad.

That is great and all but are you suggesting this person was perceived as a threat to Obama that would drive voters out in droves? There was only one candidate that everyone knew about, the vast majority of Democrats agreed upon, and had any chance of winning 1st place by a loooooooooooooong shot.

I am not sure anyone has taken away from my opinion on why voter turnout was so low. In reality, Obama was the only candidate. I am not sure a streetcorner teethbrushing clown was causing any ripples. Please, all feel free to disagree with me but I doubt you are going to convince me to change my opinion on why the Democratic turnout was so low other than some historical context to show that this was somehow lower by far than in the past or any other similar circumstance.

Can you honestly tell me that you believe there was a chance any of those 11 other people were going to win? How many people in that state do you believe could name half of them before looking at the ballot?

Just out of curiosity, how far behind 1st was 3rd place? Someone had to come in 2nd and third. I'd love to see how close Vermin got. Maybe I am just misjudging that state.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kafternin

Obama: 49,480
Cowan: 945
Supreme: 833
Others: a couple got around 400 votes everybody else was in the 200 range

Registered Democrats voted for Republican candidates too and several got over a thousand votes, so I guess you could say that a Democrate didn't even come in second in the Demcratic primary.

And Obama got 282 in the Republican Primary.
Birther fruitcake Andy Martin got 19 votes in the Republican Primary.

Source
edit on 11/1/2012 by rnaa because: (added Obama's GOP primary vote)

Can you honestly tell me that you believe there was a chance any of those 11 other people were going to win?

Nope. You are correct. A contest energizes people to go to the polls. There was no contest here.
edit on 11/1/2012 by rnaa because: added second quote and reply

edit on 12/1/2012 by rnaa because: added andy martin's result

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

This is a notice to you my friend

You have quoted me as saying "Just trolling".

in fact you did this twice --->

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What were you thinking about when you mis-quoted me, and then actually posted a response

Please lighten up, dude.

Do you see those four letters after the "supposed" quote, the letters "FIFY"?

FIFY = "Fixed It For You"

Quoting a statement back at somebody, slightly adjusted to change its meaning and tagging it with "FIFY" is a sort of standard internet forum joke. It is especially used to make a silly or pompous answer more funny or to turn a joke back on the original poster and is a pretty mild way of saying that you are getting too up yourself.

In this case, by turning "Just asking" into "Just trolling" I was letting you know that your questions are getting very close to the line of being disingenuous and you are risking being exposed as willfully ignorant.

Asking disingenuous questions from a standpoint of willful ignorance is commonly known as 'concern trolling'. I and other posters here have given you reasoned answers to your questions. It is rude to pay those responses back with unreasoned questions asked only for the purpose of stirring up trouble.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

OK understood.

Thanks for explaining.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join