It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hello. I am a fairly new member of ATS, and that is strictly speaking MEMBER. I have been following the events on this site for quite a while. Everyone is aware of the dangers( real or phantom) opposing many societies this year. Whether it is the resurgence of earthquakes, the new war, or the mayans predictions( holds little value to me).

Some background info: 19 year old russian male, moved here from Bishkek, Kyrgysztan when I was 8 years old. I live in Ohio currently, working for UPS, and studying at OSU( double major, finance/ accounting). I was able to attend OSU after passing HS with honars. Somewhat of an achievement for someone who spoke zero english in 2nd grade.

Now, this isn't just an introduction, as I do have something I want to present.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

Nice video, and also shows a real possible danger from our own Sun. This of course doesn't have to happen in 2013, I will never predict such an event. However, it does seem that solar activity has been increasing of late( since 2010) and this may be something worthwhile to follow.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You dismiss ancient mayan predictions and somehow think it is coincidence that the Hopi indians, chinese, hindus as well as ancient hebrews, who never had communication with one another, yet came up with the same date? Good luck in college! "When does common sense actually kick in"? That will be the question that haunts you.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnswerSeeker2012
You dismiss ancient mayan predictions and somehow think it is coincidence that the Hopi indians, chinese, hindus as well as ancient hebrews, who never had communication with one another, yet came up with the same date? Good luck in college! "When does common sense actually kick in"? That will be the question that haunts you.

It isn't a coincidence because they (Hopi Indians, Chinese, Hindus as well as ancient Hebrews) do NOT agree with each other and NONE of them mention any specific date, especially on our calendar which is quite different than theirs.

You are simply parroting what you have heard elsewhere. Please research each of these using reliable sources.
edit on 8/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AnswerSeeker2012

Prove it. Provide these so-called prophecies that mention December 21, 2012. I have no asked this question countless times. Every time I have either received no response or claims that a topic is forthcoming only to have it never emerge. So, I am seriously interested in these other prophecies as I hear so much about them yet not a single person is able to provide actual examples. In fact it's a lot like the claims that the Mayan Long Count ends on 13.0.0.0.0. A lot of people claim it as truth but at the same time no one is actually willing to step forward and actually prove it.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

You are right, I do dismiss it. In about a year you will dismiss it as well. Oh, and how are those indians doing today? Is the 2012 God feeding them well?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Its always great having new thoughts and opions contributed,

I guess we'll get to see in the next couple years if anything happens. I have not dismissed the native prophesies, so I'm just waiting ro see...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The only source for 2012 is one of the Mayan calendars. You've fallen for hoaxes. Dear, oh, dear. That is too bad.

new topics

top topics

join